Skip navigation

270568 Views 1,285 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2011 6:10 AM by Guest RSS Go to original post 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 86 Previous Next
  • Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    90. Mar 14, 2008 5:21 AM (in response to FormerBAM)
    Re: Man You guys are boring today!

In Virginia Beach this morning, officials revealed the ShamrockShades, 3-D glasses appropriately shaped and included in each race packet, which will be necessary for participants wishing to read either signs or clocks along the race course.  "We can't stop bandits, but we sure can give them headaches!" chortled one.  Officials would neither confirm nor deny rumors of similar ware in red, white, and blue planned for Patriots' Day in Boston or of  Hank Williams,Jr, style shades at the Country Music Marathon.

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    91. Mar 14, 2008 6:35 AM (in response to Immer treu)

LOL!  Thanks for our daily entertainment, Immer.  You are truly a nut. 

Very entertaining and articulate nut, but nonetheless...

Jan 23, 2008
    92. Mar 14, 2008 7:10 AM (in response to FormerBAM)

This last update was inspired by an unplanned encounter with the Austin Lounge Lizards' 1991 CD "Lizard Vision" on a shelf by the computer.....

Jan 23, 2008
    93. Mar 14, 2008 10:01 AM (in response to Immer treu)

Shamrock organizers have confirmed that the Family Lemming Run will return for 2009 if the entrant population reaches its anticipated critical mass.....

Ocean temperatures are generally about 55 degrees Fahrenheit on marathon weekend.

Jan 23, 2008
    94. Mar 19, 2008 11:18 AM (in response to Immer treu)

LBJ National Grasslands staff confirm fresh shipments of sand from Parris Island, SC,  New River Inlet, NC, Yuma, AZ, San Onofre State Beach, CA, Qasr as Sabiyah, Kuwait, Wake Island, Tarawa, and Pelelieu to be placed strategically on each loop for this weekend's trail runs.  A shipment from Inchon Korea was found to offer too much traction, given the rock and shell mix and will be used for parking lot repairs.  The Japanese government "regretfully" declined to send sand from Iwo Jima, but a Mr. Eastwood hopes to provide Icelandic black sand as a timely substitute for Jarheads converging on the course.

Jan 23, 2008
    95. Mar 19, 2008 11:41 AM (in response to Immer treu)

Texas Rangers and Homeland Security officials confirm the apprehension of members of the heretofore unknown Army of Omi, caught trucking sand out of the LBL National Grasslands and loading it onto container ships headed for Rotterdam.  The culprits repeatedly exclaimed, "God created the world, but the Dutch created Holland!"

• JerryX Legend 851 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    96. Mar 19, 2008 5:12 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Immer treu wrote:

Texas Rangers and Homeland Security officials confirm the apprehension of members of the heretofore unknown Army of Omi, caught trucking sand out of the LBL National Grasslands and loading it onto container ships headed for Rotterdam.  The culprits repeatedly exclaimed, "God created the world, but the Dutch created Holland!"

Seriously immer...you are an inspirational author.  have you published your stuff?  between this stuff and the haikus, i truly love your elegaic prose.

Happy running!

Happy Running!

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    97. Mar 19, 2008 5:30 PM (in response to JerryX)

I second that thought.  You should be publishing something!  I've never known of anyone who could words together quite the way you do

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    98. Mar 19, 2008 6:10 PM (in response to FormerBAM)

I almost missed this one.  immer you are funny as he77.  I did here that Grasslands was unser water so I ma greatful for the flexi straws I brought with me.  I will snorkle about  and hope to run an underwater PR.  Would that be swimming or running, I do not know but either way I should be fast.  Mr. Eastwood contacted me and we will be using my truck for said delivery.  It is the least I can do since it is there partly in my honor.  Thanks, Clint.  We will all be given tootsie rolls to chew on throughout th run.

Jimmy

This place is like home!!!!

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    99. Mar 19, 2008 6:11 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Ok immer, waar zijn de boeken.  Morgen ga ik naar Nederland en het is altijd goed om iets goeds te lezen.

Jan 23, 2008
    100. Mar 19, 2008 6:44 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Jimmy D wrote:

I almost missed this one. immer you are funny as he77. I did here that Grasslands was unser water so I ma greatful for the flexi straws I brought with me. I will snorkle about and hope to run an underwater PR. Would that be swimming or running, I do not know but either way I should be fast. Mr. Eastwood contacted me and we will be using my truck for said delivery. It is the least I can do since it is there partly in my honor. Thanks, Clint. We will all be given tootsie rolls to chew on throughout th run.

Jimmy

"I reckon so."

"When things get bad , really bad ,and it looks like you're not going to make it. You gotta get mean , mad dog mean."

"I 'spose that danged redbone hound is coming with us, might as well, everyone else is"

Jan 23, 2008
    101. Mar 20, 2008 7:01 AM (in response to dutch omi)
    dutch omi wrote:

Ok immer, waar zijn de boeken. Morgen ga ik naar Nederland en het is altijd goed om iets goeds te lezen.

Geuzenliedboek 1940-1945, a collection of resistance poems from the tweede wereldoorlog, remains a favorite, een bundeling van de "vervolgen" op het Geuzenliedboek van 1581..........Heb een prachtig reis en bezoek!

• x_39_and_holding_x We're Not Worthy 2,974 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    102. Mar 20, 2008 6:38 AM (in response to Immer treu)
    Immer treu wrote:

dutch omi wrote:

Ok immer, waar zijn de boeken. Morgen ga ik naar Nederland en het is altijd goed om iets goeds te lezen.

Geuzenliedboek 1940-1945, a collection of resistance poems from the tweede wereldoorlog, remains a favorite, een bundeling van de "vervolgen"  op het Gezenliedboek van 1581..........Heb een prachtig reis en bezoek!

Immer, you're just scary.  I've said it before and I'll say it again. . .  My hat is off to you!

Obsessed with running and racing. It's all about the bling, baby! Suck it up and RUN!
    Jan 23, 2008
    103. Mar 21, 2008 8:22 AM (in response to x_39_and_holding_x)

Recent mergers and acquisitions and changing corporate interests have led to next weekend's SunTrust National Marathon being renamed the Deutsche Bank-Royal Bank of Scotland National Marathon.  Medals with the new name have been reported to weigh more than the average chihuahua and are classified as potential weapons by TSA.

Jan 23, 2008
    104. Mar 21, 2008 9:22 AM (in response to Immer treu)

ABN AMRO may have sold LaSalle Bank to Bank of America, but they sold the material used in the finish line mats at the 2006 Chicago Marathon to Fortis, who now plan to cover  April's  Fortis Rotterdam Marathon course with them, spraying them ahead of the lead "runners, " all of whom this year are world class speedskaters.  Protests by uninvited African and eastern European runners have been fruitless.  A spokesperson has stated that the IAAF had no problem with the mats on a course before and should not now, as well as confirming Fortis' interest in sponsoring the first sub 2 hour marathon.  IAAF officials intend to inspect footwear used carefully.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 86 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points