Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1145 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2008 6:26 PM by Dredog
jenhirr Legend 314 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 4, 2008 9:51 AM

03/04

I swam today for about an hour, mostly just for recovery and relaxation.  I didn't work very hard.

I went to my chiropractor and he wroked me over pretty good.  He adjusts me and then  uses his sports massage techniques to workout all the tightness.  My IT bands were pretty tight as well as all around my hip joints.  My legs hurt like mad last night from it and I'm really exhausted today but I should feel better tomorrow.  It's like I can feel my body working to try to repair all the scar tissue and the treatment.  I'm totally trashed and I can barely function...thank goodness for dora the explorer and diego!

Hope you all are well and safe.

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Mar 4, 2008 12:12 PM (in response to jenhirr)
    Re: 03/04

I had planned to do an hour of maintenence work on the elliptical trainer but cut it back to 45 minutes midway through because I had no energy.  My orthopedist has now called me twice to reschedule my follow-up appointment for my knee, both times on the day of the appointment.  How come I have to call more than 24 hours in advance to reschedule or cancel a doctor's visit if I don't want to get billed, but the doctor can call me less than 4 hours before hand and I've just got to suck it up and reschedule for some less convenient time (and arrange for class coverage, leave sub plans, etc.)?

• Terry4X4 Community Moderator 207 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Mar 4, 2008 12:30 PM (in response to jenhirr)

You guys are sounding worn out and exhausted.  Jay, you need to make sure you are getting your rest during this recovery week.  I'm eager to get out there especially with the warmer spring weather.  But last night I tweaked the soleus again, this time on the elliptical machine.  I had planned to do 45 minutes, I just started getting a good sweat going at 16 minutes and I pulled it again.  This machine has adjustable resistance and incline.  I think the incline is what caused the soleus to tweak again.  I'll have to be more careful with it next time.  Tonight I'll do some core work and rest the leg.

• Keep Running Pro 75 posts since
    Feb 21, 2008
    4. Mar 4, 2008 1:32 PM (in response to jenhirr)

Glad I'm not the only one.  Yesturday I was suppose to run 5 miles.  I made it two and then biked another 5 because I felt like I had no energy to run.  Got a lot more sleep last night though, hopefully that did the trick. 

The thing I hate about doctors is that they really don't seem like they want to spend the time to figure out whats wrong with you.  Sure you have the flu or you have this or that, but what is causing it so I can prevent it from catching something like that again?  Last year doctors kept giving me drugs to treat my symptoms but could not figure out what was causing the symptoms.  At one point I ended up going to the hospital because my room mates found me passed out on the floor.  Turns out my body fat was so low because I was so sick I couldn't eat or drink and my kidneys were failing.  The doctors there made me stay the night and did all kinds of tests on me, like my original doctor should have done to begin with.  It's hard to find a good doctor that actually cares it seems, which is sad.  Funny part is that all I could think about was how this was going to put my training back. 

Hope everyone is getting some rest.

• Dredog Pro 76 posts since
    Jan 12, 2008
    5. Mar 4, 2008 6:26 PM (in response to Keep Running)

Everyone is hurtin' !!!  Jen, hope you feel better tomorrow.  Jay, your Drs office is pretty messed up.  I agree that they shouldnt call you FOUR hours before your appt.  (My office is dental, but same thing...thats just rude....) Terry, I LOVE the eliptical!  I hope you feel better soon too!!!!  Nothing for me today, yesterday I only had a quick eliptical session (30 min.)  Back to training on Friday....

Take care everyone!!!     -A

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...