Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1672 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2009 1:52 AM by TommyQ RSS
cjobrien1 Rookie 5 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 5, 2008 5:07 AM

Training for my 1st Half Marathon with a artificial knee

I just recieved the news that I am in for Grandma's Half-Mrarthon in Duluth this June!   I am fifty something and have been running since  Sept 2006 after I had my new articifial knee put in (Dec. 2005) . I have completed forty six 5K races and a few 5 mile ones.  Now is the time to start my training for Grandma's. I was wondering if the experienced runners that have an artifical knee(s) that have done half-marathons and/or marathons if you have any training advice????  I almost run outside year round but have just started using a treadmeill to increase my time.  I run an average 3-4 miles a day, 4-5 days aweek and climb 9 floors of stairs once a day...I am so excited and nervous about doing my first half! Thanks inadvance for any advice!

Attachments:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...