Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

7820 Views 73 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2008 6:29 AM by FreeRunner RSS 1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next
1to1 Amateur 74 posts since
Dec 17, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 10, 2008 10:36 AM

Fleetfoot Chicas/Chico - OHR

Hi Fleetfoot Chicas/Chico!

Keikirunner Hope its ok that I started the new thread...I linked the old thread

WEEK

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

TOTAL

1-3

90 min

94 min

100 min

104 min

109 min

115 min

122 min

130 min

• Keikirunner Rookie 152 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Mar 10, 2008 11:03 AM (in response to 1to1)
    Re: Fleetfoot Chicas/Chico - OHR

Thanks for the chart Carla!  That will save us having to look it up all the time.  I have been on Spark for about a year and have lost a bunch of weight and being there also started this whole running thing.  I participated in the C25K group in the Rookie Runners.  RR is also the group that does the monthly virtual 5Ks that I have started doing--it's a good motivator to do it with a group.

I need to get out there and do my OHR W5D1.  Busy day around here though; I'll try.

Until later Fleetfooters.

• vg runner Rookie 109 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    3. Mar 10, 2008 11:04 AM (in response to 1to1)

Hi, Carla,  thanks for starting the new thread!

I will be doing W6D1 later today - should have started yesterday but life got in the way...  I also signed up at SparksPeople after KeikiRunner posted about a virtual 5K she did on it.  I agree its a lot of info to take in, but I started keeping track of my diet using the nutrition tracker to get myself back in line and am proud to say that I have now reached my goal weight!  I like the articles, but don't like the exercise tracker.  I have a routine my trainer gives me and of course none of his exercises are on their choice list cuz I use as many machines as free weights.  Oh well, good luck with it!

And Keiki - the virtual 5Ks sounds fun but  like a lot of recordkeeping - I don't know .....       A quad is a four wheel all terrain vehicle for trail riding and playing in the sand dunes.  I was being overly aggressive going up a hill at an angle (dumb move to begin with) and began to roll.  The cardinal rule is "don't stick your foot out" because these machines are really heavy... well, guess what Vicki did?  Yep - thought I could stop it from rolling and basically crushed my knee.  So running probably isn't the smartest move I have made, but who said I was smart?    I'm off to Las Vegas Thursday for St Patricks weekend - and will get to do my 41 minute run there - should be fun!

• FreeRunner Rookie 89 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    4. Mar 10, 2008 11:59 AM (in response to vg runner)

Hi Ya'll!     Thanks for starting the thread Carla!   I really like the chart on the top, that was a great idea!  I tried to start one this morning early but I have no idea where it ended up and why it didn't post!   We will probably see it in  6 months or so! hehehe

Haven't done diddle squat for awhile now except gain weight!   I am heading over to Sparkspeople to sign up either today or tomorrow.  I need something to get my butt in gear besides food!   Calves are still alittle sore but I should really try and run anyways to see how they do.  

Keikirunner:  I loved your last post last week!   Thanks for the encouragement and making me realize that a lifetime runner doesn't have to be in a hurry, it is like hurrying your life away!  

vg :   Wow you are doing great with your running! Congrats on hitting your goal Weight!  WAY TO GO!!!    Have lots of fun in Vegas if I forget to say it on Wednesday!   Let us know how it goes.    

Well all I got to ahead on out, so will check in tomorrow!   

Keep on running!

Dec 16, 2007
    6. Mar 11, 2008 10:17 AM (in response to 1to1)

...giggle....  I wonder if dreaming about cookies adds pounds?  Next time try to dream of celery sticks! 

Dec 17, 2007
    7. Mar 11, 2008 1:39 PM (in response to vg runner)

I truly believe dreaming about or looking at cookies  puts pounds on!    If I turn around I can honestly say that they stick right to me!   

Well I signed up with sparks people but Carla you are right very overwhelming!    I love the food tracker though.  I think I am going to try and stick with the food tracker for a couples months and hope my weight will go down!    Doctor put me on rest for the next 1 to 2 weeks until my calves are better.   She has also put me on steriods for arthritis for awhile!     I just started the medicine this morning and feel like ****!   :_|    She did not say that I couldn't do the stationary bike, so for the next week or two I will check in logging my stationary bike.    I would miss not posting for 2 weeks, then would be afraid that I would not get back into the groove of things. 

Keikirunner: which group are in over at Sparks again?  I need to lose a good 30 to 40lbs, thought about joining a weight group, but so many to pick from!   

Well Ya'll!   Keep on running, oh and please also do my miles for me!  heheheh

Dec 16, 2007
    8. Mar 11, 2008 2:05 PM (in response to FreeRunner)

FreeRunner I sure hope those calves of your starting doing better - naughty little things!  I will also gladly put in your miles for you if you will take care of my laundry (including ironing) and clean my closets and pantry - seems like a fair trade to me

• Keikirunner Rookie 152 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Mar 11, 2008 4:15 PM (in response to FreeRunner)

Those darn dreams--that must be my problem! 

Freerunner:  I'm sorry to hear you're in enough pain to go see the doc and get medicated for it.  I hope it helps you.  Did she know why your calves are so irritated right now?  Where is the arthritis?  I have some in knees and hips; that was a big reason why I finally decided to take off a bunch of weight over at Sparks.  There is a lot you can take advantage of over there, in addition to the food tracker, I have used the exercise tracker a lot.  I also read the boards and the articlesin fact, I'm getting so they are mostly "repeats" for me.  I have over 6000 points in about a year.  I have belonged to a bunch of groups.  Early on in my weight loss, I tried some of the weight goal groupsthey have names like "25 pounds to lose" and all different things like that.  Now that I am down to my last 20, I mostly read the activity groups, especially the rookie runners, which is where I did my C25K and where I first heard about the virtual 5Ks.  But since we have this group for activity, I would probably try several where people are mainly concentrating on losing weight.  It's always motivating to hear of others struggling like you are!

Did my W5D1 (30 min) today.  First mild spring like day in a long time (even though there is still lots of snow). Saw a badger, some bluebirds, and a dead skunk.  After my 30 minutes was up, I walked/ran to my 5K turnaround point and then back home.  Total of 7 miles.  I was tired when I got back, and since DH is off on a business trip, I'm gonna go take a nap. 

• Mr_Tremor Rookie 98 posts since
    Dec 31, 2007
    10. Mar 11, 2008 8:54 PM (in response to 1to1)

So I finished Week 5 Day today. 1 day late and it wasn't cool. Since now I feel guilty and am gonna need to make it up. Week 5 Day 2 is tomorrow. Glad everyone is basically doing well, sorry to hear about your calves and arthritis freerunner.

I joined Spark but its way too much effort to keep that going. I am on Weight Watchers and I exercies 6 times a week plus running so way too much tracking. I still need to loose 46 pounds to be at my goal weight. I can only imagine how fast I could run with 45 less pounds on me,

Dec 16, 2007
    12. Mar 12, 2008 1:17 PM (in response to 1to1)

Hi, all!

W6D2 is done - on the run I was thinking that its funny that I look forward to the 30 minute runs as my short easy days - remember when I was whining about doing 20?     41 minutes on the streets of vegas could prove to be a challange - I was trying to make it a short day, but just can't make it work this week.

1to1, on Sparkpeople I am vicki108, but I haven't posted yet. So far I've been using the nutrition tracker, reading articles and lurking in the forums for Road Runners and 40 somethings with less than 10 pounds to lose.  I just started trying some recipes and have really been happy with the variety and taste.  I found a 5K on April 19 that is on a gravel and sand course about 5 miles from my home - trying to get up the nerve to sign up.  How long do they give you to finish?  I know I'll need at least 37 minutes if I don't improve any by then - will they close the course on me?  And do races allow ipods?  Running to the sounds of my own scuffling and huffing just doesn't sound like a success story - I'm so chicken :_|

How's the bike coming along Keiki?  And Mr. Tremor, I couldn't hope to catch up with you now - you'll really leave me in the dust as the weight comes off!  FreeRunner, I found good exercises for my knee on SparkPeople, maybe they have something for your calves...   ISO - how goes it?

Dec 17, 2007
    13. Mar 12, 2008 1:23 PM (in response to 1to1)

Hi All!      I really am enjoying doing Sparks.  I am freerunner over there too but have so far only done the calorie counter.   It is amazing how many calories a day I am eating.  The fat content is what also is blowing me away!    Since today is day 2, I now see where my downfalls are, the Dr. Peppers, the sunflower seeds, the brownie I ate this morning!    Even if it is just a little bit it adds up quick. 

Keikirunner:  Lupus, Scerladerma and Gout all run in my family.  My middle sister has lupus and they are testing me for all 3!   Right now my right hand, fingers, wrist all the way up to the elbow is swollen (PUFFY) and very painful.  I can type for awhile but writing with a pen, holding things or opening doors is very difficult right now.  So they said no running because I may develop other flair ups right now.   Well I am stomping on that tonight, I have the running bug and since I don't run with my hands, I should be ok!      Ok, yes I am stubborn and hard headed but my calves feel great today, awesome medicine!      I am going to run nice and slow ( ok usual pace)!

VG:   What the heck is an iron?:|  ?:|    But don't get me going on cleaning out pantries and closet, cause I am a organization freak!  Yes, and my 5 year old is one now too.   I do not keep anything that I have not used within the past 6 months.  My ex is a junk collector and likes to stack things on the counters and everywhere!   But I will clean out stuff quick.   But IRON!   I actually pulled one out about 1 year ago ( I have kept it)  and my daughter had to ask me what it is!  How sad is that! 

lso and rualrunner:  How is it going!   Keep on posting every couple of days and let us know  what you are up too.      lso:  I am finding that the magisium seems to be helping some.    Have your husband try that or some toe-heal exercises.

1to1:   Great job running the 30 mins today.   It feels awesome doesn't it.  What group are you in at Sparks.   I have 40 lbs to lose and i am gaining it instead it seems like.   

Mr. Tremor.    Glad you got to run today don't feel guilty though, just be glad you were able to do it!       As you and Carla say Stomp ON!

Happy days all!   Keep on moving!  

• Mr_Tremor Rookie 98 posts since
    Dec 31, 2007
    14. Mar 13, 2008 1:08 PM (in response to FreeRunner)

I completed week 5 day 2 today. I didn't have a bad run tuesday I just didn't like not doing it on Monday. I am off cycle by one day so its frustrating. Anyway the run today was good but hard.

Week 5 will be done Saturday.

I have finally gotten all my donations for my 5k next Friday. $228 of a required $200. I am glad its going to a good cause, Abused Women. I am worried the race is going to be tough I have never run outside and its still cold and snowy here in canada. I want spring to come real fast but I doubt it will come soon enough. It seem plausible a month ago but now that its a week away I know its going to be cold.:(

I hope everyones health issues get better quick. I have always been lucky, I have a great immune system and pain is usually short lived or ignored with a bit of will power. I am often exercising with aheadaches or other pain and by the end Its gone. So for me most things are about will power. BUt that is of course because I haven't had any real medical issues or injuries.

I am hoping to go out for a few Rugby practices with the local mens leagues this season. I have always dreamed of playing Rugby while in shape. When I was in Highschool I played but I could never keep up with the game so I just huffed and puffed from one place to another. In Rugby I was a "Prop" which basically means my main purpose was to hold up the scrum with my sholders locked in with 8 other players on each team to start the play. SImilar to a faceoff in hockey. After the ball left the scrum I just needed to run up to the next one. BUt the thing is the game is won and lost after the scrum so I never got to really play. I always wanted to get in shape but never had the will power to do it. I have a good 6 foot frame to carry muscle but up until recently I have just carried around 100lbs of fat.

Well anyway long enough post,

Stomp On

1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...