Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1085 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2008 10:41 AM by mike.r.smith RSS
mike.r.smith Rookie 1 posts since
Nov 18, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 21, 2008 10:41 AM

First Ultra? Run with the Devil in June?

Looking for a good first Ultra to run.  I have recently started doing races after a couple years of hard running (for the fun of it) and have run both the Phoenix Marathon in January and Austin Marathon in February with a couple halves inter-mixed.  Still have to run Boston in April and then a family reunion marathon in Couer d'Alene, Idaho in late May.  I was looking at running the Run with the Devil Run in late June due to timing of other races and the fact that it looks pretty well supported.  (I don't want to be in the middle of no-where and realize I can't run that far or need a quick aid station.)  Just looking to see what others thought of the race or any other suggestions.  I train in southern TX so I am not afraid of the heat, more of the mountains that the majority of summer Ultras seem to climb up and down.  Suggestions? or thoughts?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...