Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2186 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2008 8:09 AM by saraallent
lauraj029 Rookie 17 posts since
Feb 19, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 24, 2008 10:53 AM

some active.com questions

1. When I click runners rankings, it tells me that I have an invalid zip code. So I updated my profile, saved, and it still tells me I have an invalid zip code  X-(. Went back to look at my profile, my zip code is there..so I don't know why it's complaining.

2. And how do you "claim results"? I participated in the Buzz Marathon (well actually the 5k) which active has results for, so how do I incorporate that into my profile?

3. Last question... is it just me or is active.com kind of slow?

Thanks peeps

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    2. Mar 24, 2008 11:51 AM (in response to lauraj029)
    Re: some active.com questions

Hey Laura,

I'm going to look into this and ask our developers if they know anything about it. They might want to get some more details/info from you if you don't mind, but I will let you know. Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I'm on it!

Sara

Oct 2, 2007
    5. Mar 25, 2008 11:46 AM (in response to lauraj029)

Laura,

Sorry I have been trying to ask around and get some answers for you. I don't know the rankings@active.com email address but the one you sent your concern too is best. It's customer service and you could call them also.

So were you able to register now? I have some people looking into that problem so please let me know if it is fixed or not. Also, for your results I should be hearing back shortly about that. I don't do anything with results so I wanted to ask someone who knows so they can help you. We will get this all fixed. Thank you for expressing your concerns on here so we can address them.

Sara

Oct 2, 2007
    6. Mar 25, 2008 11:55 AM (in response to saraallent)

For results...

Only results that a timer uploads in a searchable format can be claimed. Some timers choose to upload results in other formats, such as excel (.xls), text, and other formats, and unfortunately those are not claimable. We are, however, working on a solution that will make more results searchable and claimable.

Also, a zip code is not used when matching up a user with a claimable result. We use First Name, Last Name, Gender, and Birth Date to match results.

Oct 2, 2007
    8. Mar 26, 2008 1:33 PM (in response to lauraj029)

Hey Laura,

If you didn't receive an email then it didn't go through and you would not have been charged. I would re-register. Sorry for the problems with registration. I know that must be frustrating. Thank you!

Sara

Oct 2, 2007
    9. Mar 28, 2008 8:09 AM (in response to saraallent)

877-228-4881 Customer Support

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...