Skip navigation

6274 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2008 1:33 PM by cjchic82 RSS
Active Belle Expert 9 posts since
Nov 19, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 11, 2008 5:47 PM

Beauty Tips for Female Athletes

Her Sports has some great beauty tips for athletes  but I bet that some of the best secrets are yet to be revealed. What tricks do you have for keeping your hair strong and your skin smooth regardless of your training regime?

• Eco13 Expert 56 posts since
    Feb 18, 2008
    1. Apr 14, 2008 10:50 AM (in response to Active Belle)
    Re: Beauty Tips for Female Athletes

Hi Belle,

Thank you for posting that article.  I'm not sure that I really have any great "secrets" for healthy skin and hair, but one thing that I've discovered since I've been exercising regularly is that I really DON'T have to wash my hair every day, even if I've been sweating.  I use shampoo and conditioner every other day, and on my non-hair washing days I just wet my hair and give myself a nice scalp massage as if I were lathering up some shampoo.  Then I rinse like I normally would.  My hair is much healthier and shinier since I've been doing this.

• cjchic82 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 3, 2008
    3. Dec 5, 2008 1:33 PM (in response to Active Belle)
    Re: Beauty Tips for Female Athletes

I wear sandals a lot so I have really rough feet and running doesn't help much in the pretty feet department but someone told me to put on foot lotion before I go running.  The heat from my feet mixed with the lotion makes my feet much softer and look better.  Its like a little spa treatment for my feet while I am working out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points