Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

699 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2008 6:05 PM by Zin Spin Metric
DaveVause Community Moderator 1,447 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 4, 2008 6:02 AM

Fr 4/04/08: Been a while.

Its been a while since I was the first to post.  I did 4.5 on the treadmill this AM listening to Runner's World podcasts on the Boston Marathon. 

Jen:  you should look them up and listen to them.  I'm sure you'll find them instructive and motivational.  I downloaded mine from iTunes, but I imaging a little searching on the RW's website would find them.

This PM, I'll be taking Denise back to Attick Lake for her 3 miles on soft surface......in the drizzle, once again!

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Apr 4, 2008 11:38 AM (in response to DaveVause)
    Re: Fr 4/04/08: Been a while.

Today was 40 minutes in reverse on the elliptical (with another 15 minutes going forward for a cool down).  My recovery week is getting near its end and I'm feeling pretty good today.  It's great to see that Dave is making those early morning posts again!

• jenhirr Legend 314 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Apr 4, 2008 12:28 PM (in response to DaveVause)

Dave, Thank you for the info.  That's exactly what I'll do.  Ty is napping and the other kids are occupied.  Pheww!

I ran a pretty brutal 15 this morning.  LOTS OF HILLS and for some reason the girls I ran with had and extra gear today.  Not too fast but about a minute faster than usual.  Good practice.  If felt good to work today.  Still pretty stiff on the right but worse on the left.  My sportsmed guy worked me over pretty good afterwards so I think it will help.  He found some pretty rough spots that are causing lots of trouble.  I need Deena Castor's massage hubby to stretch me out and work on my muscles......Wouldn't that be nice?

Good job guys.  It's good to have this support!

• Zin Spin Metric Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 22, 2007
    3. Apr 21, 2008 6:05 PM (in response to DaveVause)

Dave,

I read your thoughts on "heartbreak hill' and then skimmed around a bit to find out where you're coming from..... I see you are about  32, have 3-4 marathons behind you and were at one time poised to break 4 hours....

The Chief

Message was edited by: Jay Silvio

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...