Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1451 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 2, 2008 9:40 AM by TonyaRDH
Publow Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 8, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 8, 2008 12:20 PM

Trail running suggestions around Asheville, NC?

My wife and I are moving to Asheville in a month.  Although I've not been running much the past year, i'm excited to get back into trails.  Any suggestions on short 2-3 milers?  Back when we lived in Nashville, I'd run 2-5 mile trails a couple of times a week.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

• TonyaRDH Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 2, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 2, 2008 9:40 AM (in response to Publow)
    Re: Trail running suggestions around Asheville, NC?

I hike and sometimes run the Catawba Falls trail.  It is, I believe, owned by the Conservancy now.  However, this is in McDowell County where I live.  It has a decent but not too strenuous incline going up and the trail is usually pretty clear because a lot of people hike it, especially with their dogs.  There are several little creeks and streams that you will pass over as well.  I work in Buncombe County but don't live there anymore and wasn't running yet when I did live there.  I'd be interested to read what trails others run in Buncombe, as I may want to try something new.  I like Catawba Falls for running and hiking, but its getting a little "same old" for me because I do it at least several times a month.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...