Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1896 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2009 8:33 PM by JohnDRunner RSS
BReath33 Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 28, 2007 12:21 PM

Looking for someone who knows a bit about 5K Training

First off, my name is Brett Reath, I'm 16...5'9 and looking to break 18 next year in Cross Country

This previous Summer before my Sophomore year I ran on average about 30 miles a week, First 5k of the year was 21:31..finished the season not so great with a 20:02..I had been getting sick, stricken with ankle rolls that happened over and over, but anyway this up and coming season i hope to change it.

I am looking for a 5k Running Plan for this summer that will work me up to a 19:00 5k by August, I am going to run Track, currently in Basketball season.

I have the determination and desire to run hard and work ethic to put in the miles..

Looking to start out running 30-36 miles a week, 6 days a week, and build upon that.

Any comments or advice would certainly help

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Brett

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...