Skip navigation
Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1865 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 20, 2008 1:52 PM by Damien Howell
Mario Montag Rookie 1 posts since
Nov 8, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 19, 2008 11:56 AM

Hip Bursitis - Need professional help in Atlanta, GA





I have been involved with Triathlons for the past year. I have a Half Iron Man race May 18 and I think I have self diagnosed with Hip Bursitis today after running 10Miles yesterday at a normal pace of 9m/mile.  I ran the ING Half Marathon a month ago without any injuries.  This is the first time I have pain in my hip.



I am taking ibuprofen, icing the area, and strecthing.  I have read a lot of stuff online, but I would like to get this checked by a professional who lives in Atlanta, Georgia.  This is my question: what type of doctor / professional should I visit?  Do you have any doctor recommendations for similar injuries? These are some of the suggestions I have read:






- Get an ultrasound guided injection (containing cortisone) using a good radiologist. Only a

few are proficient in musculoskeletal ultrasound (although many more do them).



- See a sports podiatrist to get a thorough review especially for Leg Length Difference or asymmetrical structural or gait issues.Pelvic instability is by far the most common causative factor but your physio should have already addressed that. Sometimes a spasming Glut meadius muscle is an issue and pressure point massage can help along with targeted crossfibre massage on the tendon. Excessive stretching will make it worse. You would expect some sort of biomechanical factor considering the duration of your injury and the ineffectiveness of physical therapies. <!Hip Bursitis - Need professional help in Atlanta, GA> <!Hip Bursitis - Need professional help in Atlanta, GA>Any help or advice would be great.






Mario Montag cell 678-576-5673



More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...