Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1554 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2008 5:49 PM by garinator
garinator Rookie 1 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 21, 2008 5:49 PM

BMI Zone Query Polar F5 Indexing

Hi!

I am new to organized running. I have a 2 part question re: aiming to participate in the Montreal Half Marathon in September.

bmi issue: I am very heavy set/muscular and short, 55 year old male (115kg). My Polar F5 will not calculate my WalkIndex ('failed' showing at the end of walktest) and shows a very high BMI. Is there a Polar that can calculate BMI for very muslcular but short men?

Marathon Issue: I am running 1.5km in 17 minutes (I guess that is 1 mile) resting hr is 48bpm (morning). I use my HRM to keep my average hrt rate at 135 during my run. I ran my first 15km a year ago last fall. Started running seriously this spring and am back to 8.9 km. Any advice on how I should approach this half marathon? or should I just stick to the 10K?  I realize that a solid base has to be established. But I really just want to be able to complete a half marathon.

Thanks for any help.

Ta, Gar  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points