Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2345 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2008 3:51 PM by Jojo_tkc RSS
SusanMcLemore Rookie 3 posts since
Apr 24, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 24, 2008 6:24 PM

Underwear!!

I apologize if this has been asked before! I'm new to the website. I'm also pretty new to running. Well, I've ran in the past, but this time I'm following through with a plan and seeing progress and improvement!! I'm having issues with underwear, though. Is there a specific type I should be wearing? I know cotton gets all soaky with sweat and that's bad. But I also want to avoid wedgies. I'm sorry, it feels so strange to be asking about this but I just need some honest advice!!

Thanks!!

• Vicki S. Legend 262 posts since
    Aug 31, 2007
    1. Apr 24, 2008 6:34 PM (in response to SusanMcLemore)
    Re: Underwear!!

Susan, it;s not really weird. I know Under Armour makes underwear out of the wicking material haven't tried them. Basically, because my underwear cuts into me I wear compression shorts under my shorts. So you may think its strange I don't wear underwear any more and I am very comfortable.  Also there is less friction with no rubbing.  Most running shorts make liners in them so you don't have to wear under wear.

Vicki

• katmandu2 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 24, 2008
    2. Apr 24, 2008 6:46 PM (in response to SusanMcLemore)

Not a silly question at all; as mentioned already, most running shorts have liners...no need for underwear at all; unless this makes you uncomfortable the underarmour line is great; you can find many underwear variations for sport activities that are very comfortable and more importantly made of the right wicking material. They come in different shapes, boy shorts, briefs etc....you can find them at most sport stores and on online shops.  Good luck

• vanillachild6 Rookie 4 posts since
    Oct 22, 2007
    3. May 4, 2008 9:26 PM (in response to SusanMcLemore)

I am so glad that you asked this question.  I never would have thought about getting special underwear!  

• Jojo_tkc Pro 73 posts since
    Apr 15, 2008
    4. May 18, 2008 2:46 PM (in response to vanillachild6)

guys have issues with undies too, at least I know I did.  I usually wear boxers but those dont work out so well while running, and regular whitey tighties tend to bunch up and rub all the wrong areas.  So I learned qucikly that I needed some under armor compression shorts, they worked great. I haven't run  in anything else since getting them.

• Jojo_tkc Pro 73 posts since
    Apr 15, 2008
    6. May 20, 2008 3:51 PM (in response to SusanMcLemore)

LOL, yeah I know what you mean, I wear mine under my regular PT shorts and haven't had a stray rub or friction since.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...