Skip navigation

4195 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2009 9:58 AM by ultimatehlth RSS
healing Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 29, 2008 9:00 PM

Pain after surgery

I was on the couch off and on for 10 weeks recovery from surgery.  My left leg had to be elevate for most of that time.  Now I'm having pain toward the bottom of my hip joint near IT and Piriformis if I press on the area.  I also have some sharp pain where the adductor muscle inserts with the pelvic region.  The pain only happens if I jerk quickly or twist quickly.  My ortho thinks its nerves and soft tissue responding to working out again.  My chiropractor wants to do X-rays of my spine and hips.  Has anybody had anything similar?  I'm confused on which route might be best.

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    1. May 12, 2008 9:15 PM (in response to healing)
    Re: Pain after surgery

The more information you can get the better so if getting an x-ray will help cross possible problems off the list, that'd be good. I would also suggest keeping a diary about what you are doing actively and the pain. You might be able to see some correlations between the two that way, which would also be helpful information to give your ortho or chiropractor so they can continue to access the situation.

Good luck! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Sara

• crystal427 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 5, 2009
    2. May 5, 2009 8:55 PM (in response to saraallent)

Get the x-ray done just to be on the same side. I know the pain your going through.  I had a total knee replacement done in June of 07 and I had a total of eight surgies to my right knee. I just joined a jym and started exericing after being laid up for 8 years and believe me every musle in the body hurts even ones I didn't know I had.  Good luck with the x-ray I hope its just your musles hurting. Hope everything turns out alright for you.  Hope you feel better soon.

• ultimatehlth Pro 118 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    3. Jul 14, 2009 9:58 AM (in response to healing)

Sounds like it could be adhesive encapsulitis. Essentially adhesions start to form around joints after extended periods of inactivity particularly when full range of motion has been minimized by bracing, casts or other resitrictions. It may require therapy and certainly range of motion exercises to free it up. Seldom does it require surgery to cut the adhesions.

Hollywood Personal Trainer

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points