Skip navigation

4298 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 30, 2009 11:14 AM by KidsHaveIThree RSS
FitMom Amateur 17 posts since
Jul 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 9, 2008 10:41 AM

MyGym vs. Gymboree?

I'm trying to find some fun and healthy 'active' programs for my two year old.

I used to go to Gymboree when my daughter was 6-12 months old, and that was fine for that stage. My daugther is just over 2 years old now and we recently visited MyGym (photo below) and we love it. It's more 'activity' based and I think it will really start to instill an appreciation of healthy activities.

Do you have any other recommendations for good programs for parents and kids to do together?

Thanks!

• KidsHaveIThree Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 30, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 30, 2009 11:14 AM (in response to FitMom)
    Re: MyGym vs. Gymboree?

Exercise programs are great for active kids but I am also aware of many friends who have taken their kids to Music Together classes (my kids are too old).  My friends take their toddlers to this class where they sing(moms and dads or a nanny also attend), dance and play all kinds of percussion instruments.  I have read up on the program and it seems to be a great place to have fun and learn too.  Unlike other music programs, this class is all research based and has been around a LONG time and they give you music books and CDs to take home.  The national site has a website www.MusicTogether.com so you can do the research yourself.  They used to offer classes at the TaiKwonDo Studio in Watsonville but they are going to offer classes through the Community Center during the next session in the fall.  Good Luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...