Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1884 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2008 9:54 PM by ddamron44
ddamron44 Rookie 3 posts since
Nov 8, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 12, 2008 2:34 PM

Anyone Pacing for 3:10 at San Dieggo RNR ?

Hello fellow runners-----

I NEED HELP!!!!

I want (will) qualify for Boston June 1st in the San Diego Rock 'N' Roll Marathon.  To qualify for Boston I need a time of 3:10:59. I am prepared for the distance, but like most runners, I take off too fast. I need to pace myself much better. SD RNR is only having pacers for 3 hours and 3:15. If I go with the 3 hour guys/gals it may be just a tad too fast. But if I go with 3:15 I won't qualify. I should be able to run a 3:08. It will be close but I have a great feeling I will qualify based on my long run times from March through April. With only 10 mile distance training during the winter months, I ran 1:27 half on Super Bowl weekend. Since I have improved my training and what not. I always run better during races. I have PR'd every race I have run this year and have won or placed in all races. Some based by age others based overall.

So what I am trying to find out here is if there are any other runners out there who are going to try and qualify for Boston running 3:10 pace? If you are or if you know someone who is running any pace time between 3-3:10 at RNR SD on June 1st, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, let me know so that possibly we can run together.

Good luck to all those running the RNR SD and I hope to see you at the finish line (hopefully before 3:10).

David, Tempe, AZ

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...