Skip navigation

3393 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2008 5:07 AM by TalFidelis RSS
TalFidelis Amateur 19 posts since
May 5, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

May 16, 2008 5:07 AM

Looking for running partner/group in Western Loudoun county?

Hey all,

Planning this years MCM to be my first marathon. I'm off to a good start with regular runs during the week 30 minutes, about 3 miles each and I've done a couple of "long" runs (only up to 6 miles so far). My conundrum is finding a group/partner to run with. 

When I do my weekday morning runs I just wake my boys up so they can start getting ready for school, go for my run and I'm back before they have to get the bus. I'm even lucky enough to run with my older son (12 yo) sometimes, though we don't quite get to 3 miles in 30 minutes at his pace and I really only have the 30 minutes for the run.

I'm looking for folks to run with in western Loudoun county (for both the long weekend runs and/or the morning runs from time to time). I found several groups in eastern Loudoun (Herndon, Ashburn) from all the sites that have been recommended around here (like runwashington.com, etc), but that's a 25-30 mile drive for me. Adding an extra hour on top of an already longish time with the boys at home alone isn't really an option. The the head (or tail depending on your perspective) of the WO&D is just 5 miles from my house.

My pace at the moment for a short run is between 10 and 10:30 min/mile, while on the long run it's 11-12 min/mile (first 6 mile long run I did in just under 11, but I was pretty beat - the 12 min pace was more comfortable on my second run).

- Bob

PS - And I do plan to get some decent bikes for the boys (their old ones are just ready for the dump) so they can ride while I run, but that won't alway be an option either (I'll be fine running in the rain, but would rather they not be out in the weather, for example).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...