Skip navigation

3340 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 19, 2008 8:24 PM by Munatones RSS
mike@active Amateur 17 posts since
Mar 25, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

May 16, 2008 10:45 AM

One-legged swimmer qualifies for Beijing Olympics

One-legged swimmer qualifies for Beijing Olympics

I found this story too amazing not to share.  Enjoy!

• Munatones Amateur 14 posts since
    Jun 19, 2008

I am confirm that Natalie is one of the more remarkable athletes and human beings who I have ever met.  I covered the 2008 World Open Water Swimming Championships in Seville Spain that served as the qualifier for the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim.  This is an excerpt of an article that I wrote for Swimming World Magazine on May 3, 2008.  There are several other related articles about this event and Natalie on www.swimmingworldmagazine.com:

..."On the first loop, I was swimming together with everyone in the large group and I had my first feeding at the feeding station. But, when I get dunked by others around the turn buoys, it affects me because my hips go down and I have no kick. In the second half, I moved up to third during the third loop and tried to stay with Larisa (Ilchenko of Russia). It's easy to keep the same stroke when swimming with Larisa because she is so smooth. I had my second juice on the third lap. We started to get faster on the last lap and then the sprint started. The Spanish girl just..."

Steve at www.10Kswim.com

Steven Munatones (www.10Kswimmer.com, www.SwiMetrics.com, www.10Kswim.com, www.swimbythesea.com and www.virtual-swim.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...