Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

923 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2008 7:44 PM by SportiGrl RSS
SportiGrl Pro 470 posts since
Jul 22, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

May 16, 2008 7:44 PM

Fit lifestyle, marathon goal ...

JimSullivan commented in a recent thread that it was worrisome that somebody might view a marathon as a goal and not have longterm running goals.

*not trying to pick on Jim, btw 

Why is that a bad thing?

I do agree that trying a marathon without training for it sensibly isn't the best idea ... but after it's completed I really don't see why moving on to something else like kayaking, rollerblading, biking, swimming, fitness classes, kickboxing, or whatever would be bad ... so long as fitness, fun, and keeping a healthy lifestyle are still pieces of the puzzle.  The driving force in some folks lives is in perfecting their art/passion ... but for others the force is to experience as many things as possible ... to each their own ...

just my thoughts ... not a judgment ...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...