Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2396 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2008 4:22 PM by jamaica011
jamaica011 Rookie 3 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 25, 2008 4:22 PM

Knee Pain---what is it? fastest recovery?

I am returning to running after about a 6 month break (pregnant and had #4).  I started a week ago after my Dr gave the all clear, started w/ 3 mile loops, relatively flat.  I was doing a 4:1 run:walk pattern and finishing the last 8 minutes w/o the walk break.  Anyway on my last run, the lower inside front of my knee (not my kneecap, but right next to it, low and to the inside) started to hurt everytime that leg hit the ground.   I finished the run and took 2 days off.  Today is the third day and my knee felt much better so I headed out, literally on the first step w/ that leg, the knee hurt again--a lot.  I walked a little and tried again, I ran about 1/4 mile, grimacing with each step.  It didn't seem to improve at all so I gave up and hobbled home.  Now the knee and most of that leg just aches, even while I'm sitting.  So my question is, what type of injury is this?  Something I can take Motrin and run through or do I need to be off the leg?  I don't want to injure the knee seriously but I am really bummed and disappointed at being stuck inside again.  And tips on how to recover quickly would be greatly appreciated!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...