Skip navigation

2505 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 10, 2008 5:30 AM by hanikamiya RSS
pamburrus Pro 136 posts since
May 14, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 2, 2008 5:57 AM

Stretching

For some reason I can't do well doing things on my own - but do great if I have a video.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good stretching video... I have a pilates video but I want something more like yoga that will hold the stretches longer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PR's (post kid haha)

Beat the Street for Little Feet 5k: 26:34

Big Peach Sizzler 10K: 52:21

Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon: 1:55:02 (first and only other than one that I ran with a friend to pace her)

Soldier Marathon: 4:09:16 (first and only so far...)

Check our our nation-wide running group for moms!

www.momsrunthistown.com or https://www.facebook.com/momsrunthistown

Moms RUN This Town (MRTT) is a 'moms only' running club started by moms.... for moms... to support moms in their running endeavors.

Our goal is to help to keep you motivated no matter where you are in your running - whether starting the c25k program or training for a marathon.

• hanikamiya Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 5, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 10, 2008 5:30 AM (in response to pamburrus)
    Re: Stretching

I recommend the Mattes Method.  You don't hold the stretches for long, but it is very effective.  Kim Orloff has videos that she made.  I'm pretty sure she would mail them to you.  http://www.kimortloff.com/Flexibility.html

Last year, I made the commitment to run a half marathon with the Leukemia & Lymphoma's Society Team in Training progam.  I'm a skater, not a runner, and I also have a pretty wicked case of scoliosis (curved spine).  I immediately had IT band trouble when I tried to run.  I stretched almost every day and was able to complete the half marathon even though my chiropractor said that biomechanically I shouldn't be able to run.  : )  Now I'm a much better skater because of the stretching!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...