Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1560 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2008 10:55 AM by May L LaClair
May L LaClair Rookie 1 posts since
May 15, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 5, 2008 10:55 AM

What is the best way to get the word out to hikers?

Each year, the Denver Rescue Mission, leads a group of men in our New Life Rehabilitation Program in Hiking MT. Bierstadt.  We believe it is important to teach these men about teamwork, goal setting, and pushing themselves and activities such as hiking are a great way to do so.  This year, it is our goal to not only make this a fundraising event but also really get the community involved.  I am aware that Colorado is filled with hikers that would love to participate in this event, however, I am not sure of the best way to reach out to this group.

I have set up an active giving site (http://www.active.com/donate/DRMHIKE) but would love any additional feedback on really getting this community involved and interested.

Please join us for the "Hike for Hope" fundraiser with the Denver Rescue Mission's New Life Program residents. We will be hiking the 14er MT. Bierstadt. Rehabilitation is more than learning about addiction, going to school, preparing for work - It's also more than just a summit on this mountain. Changing your life is about digging deep into your inner-self and finding the strength and the courage to continue step after step to reach your goal. You can be a part of the "Hike for Hope" fundraiser and walk side by side with men and women who are pushing forward and learning how to live a life of self-sufficiency, free of addiction.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...