Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

5824 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2008 4:52 AM by Elmhurstcat 1 2 Previous Next
Elmhurstcat Amateur 37 posts since
Mar 23, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 18, 2008 1:30 PM

Wish me luck at the U.S. women's Sprint Tri this Sunday

I'm as ready as one can be for this triathlon on Sunday.  I'm excited about it.  My goal is to make it under 1 1/2 hours.  I can do the swim in 12 minutes or less, bike in under 40 and run in 30.  The transitions will get me as I have to go to the bathroom more often and think I'll have to go each transitions.  LOL!  I think I'm going to have to go with my strong point and push the swimming to get a heads up on the running (my weakest point).  So, I'm in it to make it and will be excited to start this new sprints over the next few years.

Thanks for all the advice and calming down. 

~Catherine

• Joe_h1 Community Moderator 1,833 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007

good luck and please report back on how it went!

goals for 2011:

break 19minutes for 5k

break 2:42 for olympic triathlon probably Anthracite olympic

break 3:16 for marathon ( a long shot but it's fun putting yourself out there)

• niemsco Legend 189 posts since
    Sep 24, 2007

I'll be there, my wife is doing her first Sprint there this weekend. Just relax and have fun!

Don't worry about the route, they will be out there making sure you are going the right way.

• hano55 Amateur 14 posts since
    Apr 25, 2008

Hi!

I'm doing the same tri this sunday --my first, and I drove the route as well, but I didn't notice any hills? did you mean on the run or the bike? I work downtown naperville so I am pretty familar with the area....hmm.. I hope I have my roads right.  One thing I did want to mention is I heard that they are NOT closing the roads, I just can't believe this, you are right there is busy busy streets they have us riding on, I'm curious to hear on saturday how they are going to justify NOT closing the roads to vehicles...I mean does that mean we stop at red lights etc??? how fair is that regarding your time etc.?? eeeek.  Good luck to you! 

• niemsco Legend 189 posts since
    Sep 24, 2007

They don't close the roads on many tris, most of them.  But they of course will have the police out there stopping traffic at intersections so you guys don't have to slow down at all. 

On longer stretches of road just make sure you keep to the right and don't cross the yellow line in the road when passing, you could get a penalty for that.  Shouldn't be a problem at all. 

Apr 25, 2008

That makes me feel SOOO much better, thank you!  ahh, I wondered if they'd at least have the police out there well I hoped rather!   Thanks for the advice on the yellow line, yikes!

Apr 25, 2008

Hey!

How did you get your number and wave already?? Let me know so I can get mine    Yeah I just drove the route this am, and I do notice some slight hills, eek, and I am pretty sure we'll be hiking up those stairs from the swim, I don't see another way, but I did the swim there last sunday and practice the run to the transition, its really no worries,  you barely notice the stairs   my concern is if there is 2400 participants, how the heck am I going to find my bike rack, ha, I guess thats why you go early, I plan getting there by 5:45   I'll look for you, but hook me up with how I find out that info!

-me

Apr 25, 2008

I just found out you do NOT have to go up the stairs, there is a grassy hill we run up I guess...

Apr 25, 2008

I just figured that out after I sent you the question, ha! I'm #792 wave 24, we must be in the same age group??? I wonder if that means I'm the 792 person in line?? hmm... yeah I think they totally rearrange the beach, and put those bulk heads in, they are like big red yoga balls, if you can vision that... I'm telling you that water is gross, dirty, yuck! I had leaves in my top when I got home, ha!  I agree about the roads, I hope I don't hit any major pot holes and get a flat, but we can't concentrate on the things we have no control over, whhewww its hard to get those thoughts outa your head!

Jessie btw

• J&GSchroeder Amateur 11 posts since
    Jun 12, 2008

Best of luck...

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...