Skip navigation

21480 Views 76 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2008 2:30 PM by kmagaleski RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Previous Next
  • Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jun 22, 2008 5:55 PM (in response to RunnerWags)
    Re: Everyone's next race?

Grandfather Mountain Marathon, July 12th..............

• Marathon Peach Legend 391 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    16. Jun 22, 2008 5:59 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Jimmy I guess you must have registered in my name didnt you LOL

Terri - 20 Year Liver Transplant Survivor

2007 Marine Corps Marathon Finisher

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    17. Jun 22, 2008 7:54 PM (in response to Marathon Peach)

Marathon Peach wrote:

U.S. Transplant Games - 5K, 1500 m run, 800 m, 400 m and 200

July 11-16th

That's a busy week, but it sure sounds like fun!  Good luck, Terri!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• KrisMCM Pro 137 posts since
    May 2, 2008
    18. Jun 23, 2008 3:23 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Right now I have 3 races on the slate. The Ashburn Twilight 4 Miler next weekend is first. 6:30pm start with Old Dominion Beer and Red,Hot, and Blue BBQ at the end ! That will be hard on the training! August 20th is the Harris Teeter 20K, also here in Ashburn. Finally I will run the Parks Half Marathon on September 14th. Both the bigger races fit nicely into my training schedule. I am debating running a 5K at Dewey Beach, Delaware on July 13th while we are there camping that weekend.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,375 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    19. Jun 23, 2008 12:16 PM (in response to thefirecat)

thefirecat wrote:

July 29th, baybee....when I race to the orthopod and hopefully get the all-clear. One month to go!

How can you stand it?  How are your legs feeling?  No pain I hope.

Len

• Myblueeyedgurl Community Moderator 3,358 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007
    20. Jun 23, 2008 12:31 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

Then I have the Iron Girl Tri on August 24th! At least I hope its the 24th, I need to check the web page.

I'm also seriously considering Rons July 4th 5k race for autism. I just have to juggle the family a little bit.

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
  • Courir26 We're Not Worthy 1,968 posts since
    Feb 4, 2008
    21. Jun 23, 2008 1:09 PM (in response to Myblueeyedgurl)

I have a 5 Miler in Bloomfield on Thursday and another 5 Miler in Central Park on Saturday. I haven't ruled out a 5K on Sunday. As for bigger events during the next two months: NYC Half (July 27), Turkey Swamp Race Day (10 Miler or 20 Miler, haven't decided yet, Aug 10), and the Quebec Marathon (Aug 24). There's also the real uncertain wildcard of the bunch, the Back on My Feet 20 in 24 (Jul 19-20).

Too many local and September & on to list, but matches from others: most likely Len's 10K on July 4; definitely Omi's Montreal (full version) & Chicago.

Nov 19, 2007
    22. Jun 23, 2008 1:10 PM (in response to Courir26)

Craig! I still think your nuts! LOL... Speaking of which, for some reason I thought we would see you there this weekend.

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
    Feb 4, 2008
    23. Jun 23, 2008 1:15 PM (in response to Myblueeyedgurl)

I had toyed with the idea of the 5k, 10 miler, half marathon = 26.2 weekend idea when Bal'mer first came up... but I decided that would just be nuts! Because of the travel really. So I just did the 5k and half. I was so happy to read you're able to run again!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,375 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    24. Jun 23, 2008 1:15 PM (in response to Courir26)

Craig, I have been thinking about that "20 in 24" run too.  And it's practically around the corner.  I'm sure I could do two loops (17) and then of course I'd have to go for three.  Hey, you get 24 hours to do it!  First I have to decide if I'm that crazy.

Len

Feb 4, 2008
    25. Jun 23, 2008 1:24 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

Awesome Len!! I had originally brought it up to my friend as the Midnight 8.4 mile run, she bounced it back as the relay, then somehow between us it quickly spiraled into the 24 hour version. Nothing like a Tobyesque 100 miles planned; we're leaning much closer to your version. That one isn't set yet, but it's looking very likely.

Nov 19, 2007
    26. Jun 23, 2008 1:30 PM (in response to Courir26)

Thanks Craig. It was kinda sad not being able to celebrate with some "Pea"napple ice cream though.

Feb 4, 2008
    27. Jun 23, 2008 1:41 PM (in response to Courir26)

Len - oh, scratch what I just wrote! Total coincidence in timing, plan change 50 minutes ago (I just saw her message); the 24 hour version is looking out.

Holly - OMG, what kind of city doesn't have peanapple ice cream??

• Lauren Loves Tasty Cakes... Legend 845 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    28. Jun 23, 2008 2:01 PM (in response to KrisMCM)

>I am debating running a 5K at Dewey Beach, Delaware on July 13th while we are there camping that weekend.

Kris,

I'm assuming you're talking about one of the Seven Sisters races in Dewey.  If you haven't run any of those races before, just know that there is absolutely NO getting away from the sun.  I've done a few, and they're really real organized, but I think they should start earlier in the morning.

Lauren - our resident Delawarean

• Alexandra945 Amateur 33 posts since
    Dec 3, 2007
    29. Jun 23, 2008 2:03 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Just did the Philly Tri on Saturday. Next one is Flat as a Pancake on Staten Island this Saturday 6/28/2008.

Alexandra

1 2 3 4 ... 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...