Skip navigation

20855 Views 76 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2008 2:30 PM by kmagaleski RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next
  • sgtsiejak Amateur 25 posts since
    Jun 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Jun 23, 2008 3:19 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Re: Everyone's next race?

Next one is my first one Allen Stone Memorial run-swim-run

• KrisMCM Pro 137 posts since
    May 2, 2008

Thanks for the heads up on that race, Lauren.  That is the series I was looking at.  The one on the 13th is the Northbeach 5K.  If I do it, it will be last minute. With time constraints, I am likely to opt for more beach time before heading back to Virginia. After running the Litchfield Hills Road Race two weeks ago in Connecticut during the heat wave, I'm getting familiar with the sun beating down at race time. That race started at 1pm, and was brutal!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,266 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    32. Jun 23, 2008 7:49 PM (in response to Alexandra945)

Alexandra945 wrote:

Just did the Philly Tri on Saturday. Next one is Flat as a Pancake on Staten Island this Saturday 6/28/2008.

Alexandra

That was the sprint, right?  How was it?  One of these days I'll start swimming and maybe I'll try one.

Len

Len

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    33. Jun 23, 2008 8:01 PM (in response to MCM Ron)
    MCM Ron wrote:

My next race:  600 meters Wednesday night, if my right calf allows.  Then the 5K on July 4.

I was all set to run the 600 on Wednesday (both my daughters wanted to run it as well) and then I finally overdid it and killed my left calf this morning (that's what I get for continuing to press an injury that had been nagging for at least a month).  4 miles into a 10 miler (first day of my 16 week training program for Baltimore) I had to stop and walk home when the pain simply became unbearable.  All efforts to start even light jogging quickly ended before I'd made it 5 meters.  I was extremely fortunate to meet up with a PT a couple hours later when I was at my daughters' swim practice and she checked it out and told me the problem was with my soleus and recommended a lot of stretching for that specific area.  Given that it's likely an overuse injury and I REALLY overused it, I doubt I'll be on the roads again any time soon.  I hope I'll see you at the picnic on Saturday (we'll be there early since we are having dinner with my in-laws).

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    34. Jun 24, 2008 4:02 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    lenzlaw wrote:

thefirecat wrote:

July 29th, baybee....when I race to the orthopod and hopefully get the all-clear. One month to go!

How can you stand it?  How are your legs feeling?  No pain I hope.

By b.tching to you guys on a daily basis. My legs feel utterly unused and unloved, but there hasn't been anything that could vaguely resemble pain since running Chris/Moo in at the end of Nashville. I'm just raring to go!

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    35. Jun 24, 2008 4:04 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    lenzlaw wrote:

Craig, I have been thinking about that "20 in 24" run too.  And it's practically around the corner.  I'm sure I could do two loops (17) and then of course I'd have to go for three.  Hey, you get 24 hours to do it!  First I have to decide if I'm that crazy.

Yeah, that's somewhere in my future, but obviously not this year.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    36. Jun 24, 2008 6:11 AM (in response to thefirecat)

I am planning on a 10k in Austin at the end of August, the San Antonio RNR marathon in November, and then the Houston marathon in January, then maybe Austin 3M half.  I'm still looking for other short races to keep me busy.

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

• runchuckrun Pro 116 posts since
    Dec 9, 2007
    37. Jun 24, 2008 6:20 AM (in response to cplmtz0121)

Elscorcho 50K for me in less than 4 weeks!!  Woo Hoo!!! Bring on the HEAT!!!

After that it is San Antonio RNR Marathon in November, Dallas Whiterock Marathon in December, Houston Marathon in January, Austion Marathon in February, Seabrook Lucky Trails Marathon in March to complete the Texas marathon Challenge.

Then I promise to rest.  LOL  NOT!!!

Chuck

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    38. Jun 24, 2008 6:24 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

I'll tell you what I'm NOT running!  I'm not gonna be able to do the Northface 50K this September!!  <insert crying/balling smiley guy here>

Maybe I can do the 1/2 marathon instead, if they allow it.  We shall see!

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

• runchuckrun Pro 116 posts since
    Dec 9, 2007
    40. Jun 24, 2008 6:48 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

That's awesome Jimmy!  We have a big group going to San Antonio, so hopefully you can meet up with us.

• Run4Cookies Pro 73 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    41. Jun 24, 2008 7:06 AM (in response to runchuckrun)

I'm also doing the Twilight 4-miler on Saturday.  After that, hopefully the Autism run on the 4th.  There's an 8K and a 10K I have on my calendar for July, so they're an option, as well.

The fall marathon I'm looking at (and started training for last week) is called the Wine Glass Marathon in Corning, NY.  How can that NOT be fun?  Plus, the elevation looks like a dream!

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    42. Jun 24, 2008 7:17 AM (in response to Run4Cookies)

Kelly,

Hey, I may be doing the Wineglass, too!   I was originally hoping to run it with Andrea, but she's not yet convinced that she wants to train for a marathon.  But now I'm looking at it to lower my PR!  At any rate, hope to see you next week as one of Raeann's Runners!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• Myblueeyedgurl Community Moderator 3,358 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007
    43. Jun 24, 2008 8:09 AM (in response to RubyBPG)

Ruby_2008 wrote:

I'll tell you what I'm NOT running! I'm not gonna be able to do the Northface 50K this September!! <insert crying/balling smiley guy here>

Maybe I can do the 1/2 marathon instead, if they allow it. We shall see!

Awww!! Ruby, I'm sorry to hear that. Is this from the heel?

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
  • HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    44. Jun 24, 2008 8:26 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Xterra Adventure Triathlon - August 3rd

800 m open water swim, 11 mile mountain bike, 5 mile trail run

My first triathlon!!

I will run for cupcakes!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...