Skip navigation

20030 Views 60 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2008 9:50 AM by FormerBAM Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Jun 26, 2008 9:00 PM (in response to Steelers21)
    Re: Beer for my horses, whiskey for my men!
    Steelers21 wrote:

{qu****

An Oregon beer that was introduced nation-wide about 25 years ago, Henry Weinhardt's, is pretty good. Very smooth, not bitter. They had a big ad campaign in the 1980's, but I have not seen those ads for many, many years.

A California brewer that you need to try is Russian River. This company makes several beers that are available at a restuarant I frequent. One of their beers has a hint of orange. That beer is called "Pliny." Very tasty.

But when I am watching a ball game, I must admit that the most common selection is Miller Genuine Draft. What can I say - I like my beers to reflect my traits. Cheap and easy.

What?????? None of that Iron City ****? Tim: check out the Alaskan Amber. Good stuff.

Almost forgot -- I like Goose Island when in the Chicago area.

• Steelers21 Legend 592 posts since
    Apr 8, 2008
    31. Jun 26, 2008 11:11 PM (in response to RunnerWags)
    TowsonRunner wrote:

What?????? None of that Iron City ****? Tim: check out the Alaskan Amber. Good stuff.

Iron City - great name. Not so great beer.

Never tried Alaskan Amber. The name alone merits a go.

Oct 16, 2007
    32. Jun 27, 2008 5:09 AM (in response to Steelers21)

Iron City, Lone Star, Olympia, Busweiser, Natural Light, Red, White & Blue and National Bohemian (Natty Boh!) are what I call "cooking beers."  Stuff that's so nasty and cheap the only use is for cooking.... or playing quarters when you were in college.  Bud is most useful to shove up a chicken's butt to make beer-can chicken on the grill.  Iron City and Natty Boh are both great for steaming shrimp.

• Urbster Legend 760 posts since
    May 27, 2008
    33. Jun 27, 2008 6:42 AM (in response to RunnerWags)

I drink both beer and whiskey (C.C.)    Although I enjoy trying the exotic concoctions you all are describing I'll take an ice cold Heineken anyday.

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    34. Jun 27, 2008 6:50 AM (in response to Urbster)

I LOVE Jack Daniels, specially J & C, if I'm feeling classy I'll go for Gentleman's Jack on the rocks with a splash of water.  Other fav liquors are Maker's Mark, Tequila Corralejo, Tequila Milagro, Vodka Grey Goose and Shustoff.

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

Oct 16, 2007
    35. Jun 27, 2008 7:15 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

WOW.

Anyone running the Boilermaker next month?  Seems to go in line with this thread.

• Myblueeyedgurl Community Moderator 3,358 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007

Lauren Loves Tasty Cakes... wrote:

We've officially corrupted Toby. He included this in "Best Endurance Posts of the Week." Welcome to the dark side, Toby.

Sadly Lauren, The posts are voted on by moderators. LMAO. We already knew we were a bunch of drunks!

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
  • thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    37. Jun 27, 2008 8:43 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Oh my god, did someone just actually say they LIKED Henry Weinhardt's? Yuck! Ptui! LOL

It wasn't bad for a cheap beer, but definitely not something I'd drink on purpose, given many other options.  I miss the old NW microbrew days.

My favourite ever? MOOSE DROOL. Which my parents just had several of while traveling out west and didn't think to bring in a Grolsch bottle and fetch me some home. Seriously. All they had to do was ask the bartender, "How do we bring some back to our daughter in NJ who is going to kill us when she finds out we had Moose Drool?" and he would have happily obliged.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Dec 14, 2007
    38. Jun 27, 2008 8:44 AM (in response to Myblueeyedgurl)
    Myblueeyedgurl wrote:

Lauren Loves Tasty Cakes... wrote:

We've officially corrupted Toby. He included this in "Best Endurance Posts of the Week." Welcome to the dark side, Toby.

Sadly Lauren, The posts are voted on by moderators. LMAO. We already knew we were a bunch of drunks!

Yeah, I missed this week. Where I was, I didn't even have cell phone service.

It was excellent.

Nov 19, 2007
    39. Jun 27, 2008 9:12 AM (in response to thefirecat)

Hmmm. Does that mean Len voted for the beer thread?? LOL  Maybe we have corrupted Toby.

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
    Dec 14, 2007
    40. Jun 27, 2008 10:13 AM (in response to Myblueeyedgurl)
    Myblueeyedgurl wrote:

Hmmm. Does that mean Len voted for the beer thread?? LOL  Maybe we have corrupted Toby.

Maybe Toby voted for the beer thread himself. I don't know that we corrupted him all by our little MCM selves.....there is that Cinco de Mayo mustache as evidence.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,424 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    41. Jun 27, 2008 10:45 AM (in response to Myblueeyedgurl)

Myblueeyedgurl wrote:

Hmmm. Does that mean Len voted for the beer thread?? LOL Maybe we have corrupted Toby.

I did suggest the beer thread.  I don't know who else did.  I know Jay and Dave (and Holly and Sara) and a couple others outside of the MCM group also submit suggestions.  Toby makes the ultimate decision though.

Len

Nov 19, 2007
    42. Jun 27, 2008 11:04 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Works for me.  I just didn't think you were that big of a beer fan. LOL. But as has already been covered, its a good source of carbs and I like it as a recovery drink. LMAO

• Steelers21 Legend 592 posts since
    Apr 8, 2008
    44. Jun 28, 2008 1:04 PM (in response to RunnerWags)
    TowsonRunner wrote:

Iron City, Lone Star, Olympia, Busweiser, Natural Light, Red, White & Blue and National Bohemian (Natty Boh!) are what I call "cooking beers." Stuff that's so nasty and cheap the only use is for cooking.... or playing quarters when you were in college.

The worst beer in the world is something called Lucky Lager. I recall that Lucky Lager used to come in 11 oz. bottles, sold in a 12-pack in a cardboard box. The beer had a little "puzzle" on the twist-off top. The puzzles were picture puzzles that set out a phrase or name, like that old gameshow Concentration. The puzzles were pretty easy to solve, so if you were having trouble solving the puzzle, it was time to stop drinking.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...