Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2156 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2008 10:56 AM by flipgrl828 RSS
flipgrl828 Rookie 3 posts since
Jun 25, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 30, 2008 2:03 AM

Which can help me lose weight faster: running, lifting weights, or both?

i just started running two weeks ago to mainly lose weight. i have gained 20 lbs during my freshman year at college and was hoping to find the best to start losing the weight. i've asked a lot of people on how i should start and most people told me to just run as much as i can and then to start lifting weights to tone up after i lose the 20 lbs. others have told me to just do weights, because it burns more calories than running. some people told me that i should lift weights and then run every time i work-out, because i can burn more calories when i run if i lift weights first.

i'm really confused! i just really want to out which is best. i don't intend to run just to lose the weight. i want to make a long-term commitment to running to keep a healthier and a more disciplined lifestyle. so i really want to learn which one can help me better in the long run.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...