Skip navigation

3900 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 16, 2008 2:38 PM by BTreeMommy RSS
Active Giselle Active.com Staff 21 posts since
Jun 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 10, 2008 10:14 AM

How Do You Beat the Bug Bites?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for bug repellent? I just got back from a trip to Cancun, Mexico and left with one too many mosquito bites. Can we say ITCHY!

I used Cutter Mosquito Wipes during the trip. I've used them in the past during camping trips to Yosemite and trips to the Philippines and Florida, where the humidity is intense and the mosquitoes outnumber people. The wipes  worked great then, but not so much this time around.

I'm looking for a 2-in-1 product if possible; something that has both repellent and SPF. I believe Cutter has a product like this too, but it was too sticky/greasy for me.

I'm also not sure if  using one product decreases the effect of the other. On this trip, I would cover up with sunscreen first and bug repellent second. I didn't get burned, but got bitten.

Any advice would be great for my next trip outdoors.

Thanks!

• BTreeMommy Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 16, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 16, 2008 2:38 PM (in response to Active Giselle)
    Re: How Do You Beat the Bug Bites?

I have not tried this product but my sister-in-law is a personal trainer and avid athlete, she gave me some samples of a product she had from something at her gym.  Its a product with the logo of Tufts Health Plan but the Manufacturer information is Handfree Marketing, Inc., www.handsfreesunscreen.com.  Like I said I haven't actually tried the product but its a cool little foam pad applicator and it also indicates it keeps the bugs away by using Citronella and it is also sweatproof and hypo-allergenic.  Hope this is helpful, I usually run at night so I just spray myself with bug spray before I head out and that seems to work.  Good Luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points