Skip navigation

10342 Views 29 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2008 9:01 AM by TampaTom RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jul 23, 2008 3:50 PM (in response to dutch omi)
    Re: Wednesday's runs

Did 6 miles after work today. I tried the Sport Beans. Ugh, never again. Way too sugary and gave me the worst stomach ache during the run. First 3 miles sucked and I felt like I was trying really hard. On my 2nd loop around my neighborhood, I focused on other things than running and ended up coming in at 58:50, which is great for me.

• Lauren Loves Tasty Cakes... Legend 845 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    16. Jul 23, 2008 4:12 PM (in response to badgergrl)

I did an hour with the trainer today.  I'm fairly certain I won't be able to sit upright tomorrow.  I didn't do any additional cardio afterwards.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008

Boy, this trainer has to be good, but is he cute and then, is he worth it?

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    18. Jul 23, 2008 4:55 PM (in response to dutch omi)

I ran 5 miles with the young Marines today.  It was a tempo run of sorts.  I started in the back with the slow ones and caught up to the fast one by the end of the run.  First mile was around 9:30 and then I kicked it in and caught the guy by mile 4 blistering a 6:05 on mile 4 before slowing to a crawl of a 10 minute last mile.  I will run a slow steady eight in the morning and work a half day before catching the plane to go see my Dutch Omi!  That is right Charlotte I am adopting me for you.

Jimmy

|

This place is like home!!!!

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    19. Jul 23, 2008 4:57 PM (in response to dutch omi)

Ok Im jumping onto this bus before it runs me over, Ive been lerking way too long    . I did 6 1/2 today after work about 80 with a nice breeze, feeling pretty good. It better to run in the morning  (5am) but for me alittle nerve racking because the road are so dark and curvy waiting to be run over one day.   Let see what tomorrow brings!!!!!

Dennis

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    20. Jul 23, 2008 5:48 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

You're adopted, your beer is in the fridge, your food is ready, just tell me what you guys want for breakfast.  Do you guys drink milk or juice?  I only have a little since we don't drink it, I just use it for coffee.  Have a safe flight.

Dec 15, 2007
    21. Jul 23, 2008 6:31 PM (in response to dutch omi)

Juice and coffe are fine.  We are easy and definately not picky.  Omi you rock.

|

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,313 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    22. Jul 23, 2008 8:03 PM (in response to silvereagle)

Hey, Silvereagle, glad you stopped lurking.  80 and breezy sounds good except for the 80 part.  60 would be better.  I know what you mean about being on the road before it's quite light.  Just remember to run facing traffic so you can look the driver in the eye when he runs you over.

Len

Len

• RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    23. Jul 23, 2008 8:25 PM (in response to x_39_and_holding_x)

What is this?  6 mile run day?  I did 6.25 in nasty humidity.  As my month has been, I was scrambling with work right out of bed.  Fortunately I worked from home today and didn't waste time in traffic -- scoot'n out of town!  In fact, I've ben STUCK AT BWI AIRPORT SINCE 5PM.  Another hour and maybe I'll be on my way to Florida.  Looks like I'm going to be doing my 6 miles tomorrow more along the line of 3 or 4 miles tomorrow.  No way I'm getting up at 6 or 7.  My flight that was to arrive at 9:30 is now set for 2:25 AM -- and then off to the destination.  And I've only had 5 or 6 hours sleep each night over the past week.

I need a straw -- but with beer on the other end though.

Dec 15, 2007
    24. Jul 24, 2008 4:24 AM (in response to RunnerWags)

TowsonRunner wrote:

What is this? 6 mile run day? I did 6.25 in nasty humidity. As my month has been, I was scrambling with work right out of bed. Fortunately I worked from home today and didn't waste time in traffic -- scoot'n out of town! In fact, I've ben STUCK AT BWI AIRPORT SINCE 5PM. Another hour and maybe I'll be on my way to Florida. Looks like I'm going to be doing my 6 miles tomorrow more along the line of 3 or 4 miles tomorrow. No way I'm getting up at 6 or 7. My flight that was to arrive at 9:30 is now set for 2:25 AM -- and then off to the destination. And I've only had 5 or 6 hours sleep each night over the past week.

I need a straw -- but with beer on the other end though.

Towson,

Now that's the spirit!  Enjoy your run but don't do it at a loss of sanity!  Wait I think we already determined we are all insane here anyways.  SOunds like you got it under control.  LOL

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    26. Jul 24, 2008 7:10 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Yea Len, I always do run that way, and when they go by real fast, I   at them, to see if there paying attention.  hehehehehe

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

• Irish Runner77 Legend 780 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    27. Jul 24, 2008 7:17 AM (in response to silvereagle)

Well, the storm that ripped through here killed my run last night, by the time it cleared I had to go see family for dinner...and then once dinner ended the storm kicked back up. Oh well. Three + trainer tonight.

MCM Finisher 2007, 2008, 2009
    CMM Finisher 2008
    Goofy Challenge Finisher 2009, 2010
    Pittsburgh Marathon Finisher 2009
    RnR Seattle Finisher 2009

Richmond Finisher 2009

RnR Las Vegas Finisher 2009

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    28. Jul 24, 2008 7:35 AM (in response to Irish Runner77)

5 mile tempo run followed by some abs exercises.

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

• TampaTom Legend 252 posts since
    Sep 28, 2007
    29. Jul 24, 2008 9:01 AM (in response to x_39_and_holding_x)

Back after some unexpected travel to rescue my stranded son with car problems in Atlanta.

My left glut (butt) was very sore and stiff so I decided to keep it indoors yesterday.  Did 45 minutes on the treadmill with the incline set at 6 most of the way.  Jumped off the treadmill and did 25 minutes on an elliptical machine.  Felt good and plenty of sweat.  Not as many miles as I'd get if I was running outdoors over that time but the outcome I wanted was achieved - a loose glut muscle that I can run on tonight.

Last one in for Wednesday, anybody else?

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...