Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

14581 Views 137 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2008 7:44 AM by ksrunr RSS Go to original post 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next
  • ksrunr Legend 1,292 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    90. Aug 21, 2008 7:33 AM (in response to euphoric)
    Re: 50 Plus Training and Racing - August

Yes this link does work.  Where are you?

I think Raider kidnapped Jim.

Go Ribs

• euphoric Legend 940 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    91. Aug 21, 2008 7:42 AM (in response to ksrunr)

Page 80.  I'm at 12:21:34 and passed the guy in yellow at 12:21:36.  Red jersey indicates my age +.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    92. Aug 21, 2008 2:59 PM (in response to euphoric)

Euph, with the miles you're riding, I can see where fit would be critical.  You must be pleased though, you're doing really well...

I think Jim's still dealing with a groin pull.  His last post, he was going to try running some quicker intervals, haven't heard anything since.

Thursday,

8 miles easy

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Spareribs823 Legend 2,040 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    93. Aug 21, 2008 4:33 PM (in response to fred-urie)

That was a good picture Euph.

Another day off for me today, a minor setback.

Here is the reason why I lose all my fights:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2VwnBU1-iU

Spareribs

Dec 14, 2007
    94. Aug 22, 2008 11:52 AM (in response to fred-urie)

Have rebounded successfully.  Friday:  5 slow miles, about 90 minutes.   Spareribs

• Jim24315 Legend 1,987 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    95. Aug 22, 2008 4:40 PM (in response to Spareribs823)

My ears were burnning. I went with a few weeks of slow running. I think I had more of a strain than a pull and have been able to maintain decent mileage by keeping it easy. Last Sunday was first quality day in a while and I handled it pretty well. This week has been good so far.

Ribs; you really hit the ground running after they let you out that hospital. You can't keep a good man down!

Good to see all the ol' coolrunners are still hangin around. Have a great weekend all.

Aug 14, 2007
    96. Aug 22, 2008 5:10 PM (in response to Jim24315)

Euphoric - that is a good pic.  I know you've told us before; but what bike are you riding?

Jim - glad you're still around and running is ok too.  Glad Raider didn't get you.

Go Ribs!

Ran a tempo with my son last night.  8 min. warm up mile, 3 miles in 6:50 range, last full mile 7:05, and last .75 including cooldown at 6:55 pace.

10 miles of hills this morning at 8:30 pace didn't feel so hot.

21 schedule tomorrow and hope to run 8:20 pace or so.  Probably will be 21 miles in the rain.

Dec 14, 2007
    97. Aug 23, 2008 8:50 AM (in response to fred-urie)

My first 6-miler today, slow pace, around 17's but happy to get that much time in.    Spareribs

• euphoric Legend 940 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    99. Aug 23, 2008 11:18 AM (in response to fred-urie)

Fred, you've mentioned that ankle more than once this week.  Were you surprised the Cuban boxers didn't take gold this time?

Ks, I have an Orbea.  After getting measured on a Fit-Bike that one had the best "geometry" for me.  I knew nothing and trusted the shop I went to.  I had minor adjustments made yesterday and a lesson on form.  I know cycling uses different muscles, but I think the pedal stroke is translating to my feet on the road.  I strike at 6 o'clock, on the ball of my foot, and then pull up with my heel traveling back.  My run feels more efficient and the inclines seem easier.   

8 miles today at a variety of paces depending on who I met and ran with on the path.  I'll ride tomorrow.  Hope you all enjoy your weekends.

What are everyone's race plans for the next season?

Aug 14, 2007
    100. Aug 23, 2008 11:27 AM (in response to euphoric)

Happy birthday over here too Ribs. 

21 miles this morning @ 8:18 pace.  Fastest mile was 7:49 and slowest 8:55 (don't know how I got that slow one).  Both were early in the run.  avg hr 121.  That makes 80 miles this week.  Including a progression run and a tempo run.  Cut back slightly next week to 75 or so.

Hartford in October.  I might run a 50K with the wife or 50 Miler in Jan.  Also the hardest 100K in Texas is later in Jan.  I've never done that run but have wanted to.

Good weekends to ya.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    103. Aug 24, 2008 10:54 AM (in response to fred-urie)

ksrunr, heckuva run and really good week last week, way to go!

Euph, Fall racing season's approaching fast.  I've got a half marathon coming up in a week, but with the way training's been going I don't have a clue how I'll do.  I wanted to run a marathon this fall too, but need to start logging more miles or it's out of the question.  Other than that, there's a few 5 & 10K's in the next few months to look forward to.

Friday & Saturday - short recovery runs, dern legs are sore.

Sunday - 10 miles with miles 5 thru 8 @ tempo.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rochrunner Legend 974 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    104. Aug 25, 2008 5:39 AM (in response to fred-urie)

Haven't been posting my runs, but things are improving for me. I missed doing my 10th straight Crim 10-miler on Saturday, but promised myself not to do any events for the rest of this year. This long recovery has taught me a few things! In any case, it turned out to be brutal conditions (even worse than usual) in Flint on Saturday, which I could attest to as I was doing a 30-mile bike ride at the same time.

Ran 5 miles, starting out with the club, yesterday. My legs were a bit dead from Saturday's ride, but I still ran my best pace since January.

Euphie: Saw the jersey in your photo. I didn't know that you posted in the 50+ forum on Bikeforums.net. What screen name are you using over there? I'm "DougG", by the way.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...