Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3921 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2008 9:49 AM by Bull5118
saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
Oct 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 5, 2008 11:13 PM

Brett Favre?

Bett Favre wanted to come back to the Green Bay Packers but after a lengthy meeting with Favre and the Packers they agreed and disagreed but Favre will not be playing for the Packers. That is not the outcome I expected. Why wouldn’t you want one of the best quarterbacks EVER in the game to come back and play for your team? Very interesting!

Mike McCarthy decided Favre’s mindset was not ready to come back so Favre left his former stadium in his escalade confused about his future.  Fans lined the field during practice chanting for his return and distracting players, but Aaron Rodgers will remain at quarterback for the Packers. Some players say they want to move on and some say they want Favre, but either way their star player will not return to the field in their uniform at least.

Favre is taking things a bit personal if you ask me, but rightfully so and therefore has spoken to the Buccaneers and the Jets now and apparently might be becoming a Buccaneer because of money issues which the Packers have a lot of control over.

I like Jeff Garcia and as an Eagles fan, I know what he did for Philadelphia and for the Buccaneers, but Favre could definitely jump in and take over the team.  Garcia is a great quarterback, but he is no Favre. It would absolutely be fun to see Favre play under a different system with a new team. I don’t see how you couldn’t adjust the offense to Favre, but still things will be interesting.

I absolutely respect Favre and understand his issues with actually retiring as an athlete, but seriously? What is the deal? Anyone have any insight? What do you think?

• Bull5118 Rookie 7 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    3. Sep 12, 2008 8:50 AM (in response to saraallent)
    Re: Brett Favre?

He did what the Jets need him to do, manage the game and make a play or two to win them a game.  I can see the Jets winning about 8-10 games this year and being in the playoff hunt.  He has the weapons around him offensively but I think the defense might let them down

• Bull5118 Rookie 7 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    5. Sep 15, 2008 9:49 AM (in response to saraallent)
    Re: Brett Favre?

That was a bad interception he threw late, but that is what you get with Favre he feels he can make those throws and more often than not he does.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...