Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3290 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 14, 2008 6:39 PM by TheFitnessNerd
saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
Oct 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 7, 2008 1:21 PM

What's Your Ultimate Breakfast?

I just found this recipe the other day and tried it out. It's definitely a winner! It also combines vitamins ABCDE+K. Not to shabby.

The Ultimate Breakfast

Using a combination of eggs and egg whites helps keep the saturated fat content down without sacrifing a rich, satisfying flavor.

Serves 4

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

1 Haas avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Coarse salt and ground pepper

4 large eggs plus 4 large egg whites

¼ cup fortified low-fat milk

½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled

3 tablespoons canola oil

½ cup minced onion

1 small jalapeno pepper (ribs and seeds discarded), minced

2 cups fresh baby spinach, shredded

1 bunch chives, thinly sliced

1 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese

Sliced mango and kiwi serving

This breakfast omelet combines vitmains ABCDE+K

Milk, eggs, and cheese lend vitamins A and D, while kiwi and mango offer vitamins C and E. Mango also brings in vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene, as does the spinach (the leafy green also throws vitamin K into the mix). Not to be left out, avocado represents the B family and provides yet more K.

What's your ultimate breakfast?

• TheFitnessNerd Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 14, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 14, 2008 6:39 PM (in response to saraallent)
    Re: What's Your Ultimate Breakfast?

God, I LOVE breakfast, Sarah -- so asking me what's my ultimate breakfast is tough.

First, I love eggs. So I guess I'd start with an eggwhite omelet with two whole eggs, some low-fat cheese and maybe some herbs.

I usually eat eggs alongside a bowl of oat bran or oatmeal, sprinkled with cinnamon and amped up with some chocolate whey protein and  frozen cherries or blueberries for a little sweetness. That's usually my staple on mornings when I have the luxury of time to prepare breakfast.

When time isn't on my side, I'll usually have a smoothie with chocolate whey protein powder, skim milk, a banana and a 1/4 cup of quick oats for the complex carbs.

If I'm in the mood for cold cereal, I'll usually have my own homemade granola  (with some frozen fruit added or sometimes I add the choco whey to the milk) or  Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Cereal and a slice of Ezekiel 4:9 Bread with almond, peanut or soy butter.

Basically, I like pretty much anything for breakfast, and make it my biggest meal.

Cheers-

Matt

Looking for more fitness, exercise, diet and nutrition advice? Or maybe some healthy recipes to fuel your Active Life? Check out my blog at: Answer Fitness.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points