Skip navigation

3680 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 14, 2008 6:39 PM by TheFitnessNerd
saraallent Legend 1,063 posts since
Oct 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 7, 2008 1:21 PM

What's Your Ultimate Breakfast?

I just found this recipe the other day and tried it out. It's definitely a winner! It also combines vitamins ABCDE+K. Not to shabby.

The Ultimate Breakfast

Using a combination of eggs and egg whites helps keep the saturated fat content down without sacrifing a rich, satisfying flavor.

Serves 4

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

1 Haas avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Coarse salt and ground pepper

4 large eggs plus 4 large egg whites

¼ cup fortified low-fat milk

½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled

3 tablespoons canola oil

½ cup minced onion

1 small jalapeno pepper (ribs and seeds discarded), minced

2 cups fresh baby spinach, shredded

1 bunch chives, thinly sliced

1 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese

Sliced mango and kiwi serving

This breakfast omelet combines vitmains ABCDE+K

Milk, eggs, and cheese lend vitamins A and D, while kiwi and mango offer vitamins C and E. Mango also brings in vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene, as does the spinach (the leafy green also throws vitamin K into the mix). Not to be left out, avocado represents the B family and provides yet more K.

What's your ultimate breakfast?

• TheFitnessNerd Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 14, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 14, 2008 6:39 PM (in response to saraallent)
    Re: What's Your Ultimate Breakfast?

God, I LOVE breakfast, Sarah -- so asking me what's my ultimate breakfast is tough.

First, I love eggs. So I guess I'd start with an eggwhite omelet with two whole eggs, some low-fat cheese and maybe some herbs.

I usually eat eggs alongside a bowl of oat bran or oatmeal, sprinkled with cinnamon and amped up with some chocolate whey protein and  frozen cherries or blueberries for a little sweetness. That's usually my staple on mornings when I have the luxury of time to prepare breakfast.

When time isn't on my side, I'll usually have a smoothie with chocolate whey protein powder, skim milk, a banana and a 1/4 cup of quick oats for the complex carbs.

If I'm in the mood for cold cereal, I'll usually have my own homemade granola  (with some frozen fruit added or sometimes I add the choco whey to the milk) or  Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Cereal and a slice of Ezekiel 4:9 Bread with almond, peanut or soy butter.

Basically, I like pretty much anything for breakfast, and make it my biggest meal.

Looking for more fitness, exercise, diet and nutrition advice? Or maybe some healthy recipes to fuel your Active Life? Check out my blog at: Answer

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points