Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4876 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2011 9:51 AM by skypilot77 RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • jillian357 Rookie 18 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

Sara,

My apologies, I just got your email with the info I requested. Thanks for ALL your help!

Sincerely,

Jill

• calomasney Rookie 1 posts since
    May 27, 2008

Has this issue been resolved?  I have registered for two races and have the e-mail confirmations, but neither show up on "my races".  It's very frustrating.  What's the point of going through this website if the features don't work and why isn't there an "add registration" option as a fallback?

• Marykb Legend 1,347 posts since
    Jan 16, 2008

I see this is an old topic, but for my .02  Active sucks for race registrations.  Every time I have registered for a race with Active, I don't get an email confirmation.  I search in vain for some kind of "support" on the site to report the problem.  A couple of times I eventually found a contact and explained the problem but got no answer or resolution.  Not userfriendly AT ALL!

FWIW, the registrations have always gone through.  But, I always have to contact the race director to verify since Active doesn't confirm it.  Its totally not worth the aggravation, yet for many races it is either register with Active or go down and fill out an app in person. 

• Navre Amateur 33 posts since
    Jan 28, 2011

I hate to bump an old thread, but I'm having the same problem.

I'm registered, I have a confirmation number, but no registrations are showing up on the tab, and when I click on the "View Your complete Registration Details" link in the confirmation e-mail, I'm told that I'm not authorized to view it.

(I am logged in, and logged in with the same e-mail to which the confirmation was sent)

Salem MA  Black Cat 10 Mile  March 6, 2011  1:39:22

Topsfield MA GAC Run for Breast Cancer May 8, 2011 15 miles, 2:55:00

Salem MA Miles over the Moon 4 Mile. July 15, 2011  31:32

Wakefield MA Around the Lake Marathon July 30, 2011  5:29:59

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,332 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008

I register each year for a number of races that use Active for registration.  Some show up, some don't.  I think it's a matter of what services the race has paid Active to perform.  The service fee Active charges probably varies accordingly.

Len

Len

• Becky Shannon Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 30, 2011

I registered for the Patriot's Place 10K in Foxboro, MA and it shows up no problem.  I also registered for the Disney World Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon and that does not show up. I would think any race using Active.com to register through should show up in your profile.  There should also be an option to link a registration that is not appearing. The point of registering through a site like this is to be able to find all your records in one place. By only showing some of what you register for, it totally defeats the purpose.

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009

It seems as though your complaint is with the race director and not active.com.

As Len said, it has to do with the services which were paid for by the director.

An option would be to go forward with life knowing you are registered for the race; show up at the race with a copy of your confirmation email. You will get a number with the email to run. And do not sweat another thought on the issue.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...