Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1317 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 30, 2008 2:27 PM by Apocalypte RSS
MarzH Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 30, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 30, 2008 1:23 PM

Running With SVT

I'm sixteen years old and about two years ago I began experiencing "heart hiccups" as I called them and was diagnosed with SVT.

I'm not currently on any medication for itthe episodes are so few and far between my doctor deamed it unnecessarybut I was wondering if running could help with it or make it worse.

I'm in Marching Band but I was planning on training for a 3k run that's about two months away from now to help up my fitness.

So  I guess the real question is: Can running help or hinder those with heart problems? SVT in particular.

• Apocalypte Rookie 61 posts since
    Aug 4, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 30, 2008 2:27 PM (in response to MarzH)
    Re: Running With SVT

That's really a question that only your doctor can answer - you'd be best asking him or getting a checkup before you start C25k.

My couch - 15 Jul 2008

Dublin Marathon - 26 October 2009

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...