Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

827 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2008 11:06 AM by MrPants RSS
MrPants Rookie 2 posts since
Oct 16, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 16, 2008 11:06 AM

"Maintenance" training program for runners

Hello,

I've been a runner for awhile but took an embarrassingly long break before finally coming back to the fold.  I'm currently training for a half marathon in November.  My training for this race has been the following:

Mon-Off

Tues-Speed workout

Wed--Off

Thurs--Part distance, part speed workout

Friday--Off

Sat--Mid distance

Sun--Long distance

I started out doing about 20 miles a week and by the end of the program I'll be doing a little over 30 miles a week.  The training I've been doing has been a ton of fun and has gotten me in great shape.  After the half marathon I'd like to continue with the training but not necessarily for a specific race.  It would be fun to run a 5 or 10K here or there but I don't necessarily need to do the steady mileage progression I'm currently doing in order to peak for a specific race.  My question is, after the half marathon, should just start over the current program I'm doing at week 1or is there a more general training program that someone would recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points