Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2562 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2008 10:13 AM by Dre Day RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • PaulMI Rookie 5 posts since
    Aug 19, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Nov 11, 2008 12:22 PM (in response to christine94)
    Re: Hello

Christine,

Good luck with your race, I am sure you will do great!!

I know I can't untill my next one.

Paul

• Dre Day Pro 139 posts since
    May 31, 2008
    16. Nov 11, 2008 1:19 PM (in response to christine94)

hey christine!!!!

welcome to the runner's love show! best of luck to you on your race this weekend! i'm sure you'll do wonders! that's great to have the goal of just finishing for now. you can worry about time and pace as you get more seasoned! when i started, i had no idea about what time i would do based on my trainings. i was running A LOT slower during trainings, but found myself running much faster during races because of the electric environment. you'll find it to be that for you possibly. needless to say, in about a year and a half's time, i've shaved almost 5 minutes off my 5k time, which is awesome!!!!! i hope we can all keep you motivated!!!

dre

"Sweat is the cologne of success!" Love this friggin' quote!

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    17. Nov 11, 2008 3:06 PM (in response to christine94)

Christine,

Well I decided not to run this past weekend, I want to finish healing 100 % before i have to start training for my next marathon in April. I have to tell you I have been completely ok with it, because ive been in pain for almost 2 months now and its almost gone. With that said Ive been going to the gym and weight training to get some excerise and strength back in my upper body.

I can say Im ready to run my back off again but i know getting healthy is more important for the long term. I looking to run 11/15 on monday but only a short run. Im still looking forward to the 10k on thanksgiving, but we will see when it gets here.

I completely understand you running your the 10 miles before hand, as ive done it both times before my first half and first full. It does calm the nerves to know you have done it and I felt I had nothing to prove that day.

I love being in that state of, stay in healthy mode because everything is done and your on your way home.

You are Awesome and a Inspiration to all!!!!!!! looking forward to hearing you after race report............

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

• Dre Day Pro 139 posts since
    May 31, 2008
    20. Nov 30, 2008 10:13 AM (in response to christine94)

good for you christine! we knew you could do it!!! keep up the good work!!!!

"Sweat is the cologne of success!" Love this friggin' quote!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...