Skip navigation

2867 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2008 6:29 AM by Irish Runner77
Irish Runner77 Legend 780 posts since
Nov 1, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 10, 2008 7:52 AM

packing and moving and paint (oh my!)

Figured I would give an update on the house! So Saturday I pick up the uhaul and begin to move into my new house. I am so ready to be over there, as much as I have loved the rental I'm in, its just nice to say this place is 'mine.'

Now one thing I may not have shared was the color scheme that the previous owners left me. Most importantly, the master bedroom. It was a nice shade of mustard yellow puke.  I wish I had an image I could share to show yall just how bad it is. Well after two coats of primer yesterday, its gone! Yes, the room is a basic slightly streaky white...but it's nice to go in and not think that a baby pooped all over the walls.

And don't get me started on the kitchen wallpaper. Let's just say that removing it is an ongoing task that hopefully will be done by the end of the year :). Sadly, it's textured, so I can't just paint over it.

I think it's funny how perfect the house was until I bought it...and now I'm really seeing all these little tiny annoyances or things I just want to change or be rid of. But I still love the house! And I don't have to ask anybody else's permission to change what I want to change!

I bought a washer/dryer set and it was the highlight of the weekend. Serious, I was just crazy excited about it.

what does this have to do with running? Absolutly nothing. Except that my house is half a mile from my favorite running shop, and right next to my favorite neighborhood & running trails

MCM Finisher 2007, 2008, 2009
CMM Finisher 2008
Goofy Challenge Finisher 2009, 2010
Pittsburgh Marathon Finisher 2009
RnR Seattle Finisher 2009

Richmond Finisher 2009

RnR Las Vegas Finisher 2009

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    1. Nov 10, 2008 8:04 AM (in response to Irish Runner77)
    Re: packing and moving and paint (oh my!)

Location, location, location.......You did great!  Now just click your heels together and say, "I'm making this home."

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    2. Nov 10, 2008 8:05 AM (in response to Irish Runner77)

IrishRunner77 wrote:

Figured I would give an update on the house! So Saturday I pick up the uhaul and begin to move into my new house. I am so ready to be over there, as much as I have loved the rental I'm in, its just nice to say this place is 'mine.'

Now one thing I may not have shared was the color scheme that the previous owners left me. Most importantly, the master bedroom. It was a nice shade of mustard yellow puke. I wish I had an image I could share to show yall just how bad it is. Well after two coats of primer yesterday, its gone! Yes, the room is a basic slightly streaky white...but it's nice to go in and not think that a baby pooped all over the walls.

And don't get me started on the kitchen wallpaper. Let's just say that removing it is an ongoing task that hopefully will be done by the end of the year :). Sadly, it's textured, so I can't just paint over it.

I think it's funny how perfect the house was until I bought it...and now I'm really seeing all these little tiny annoyances or things I just want to change or be rid of. But I still love the house! And I don't have to ask anybody else's permission to change what I want to change!

I bought a washer/dryer set and it was the highlight of the weekend. Serious, I was just crazy excited about it.

what does this have to do with running? Absolutly nothing. Except that my house is half a mile from my favorite running shop, and right next to my favorite neighborhood & running trails

That's cause you're not married yet....

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    3. Nov 10, 2008 11:16 AM (in response to Irish Runner77)

Now if you live there long enough without making any changes you will not notice them anymore.  It's only at the beginning that you notice all those things that need to be done.  So whatever you do, don't overdo it. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...