Skip navigation

2106 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2008 8:30 AM by yuyopaez RSS
yuyopaez Amateur 10 posts since
Nov 21, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 27, 2008 5:08 AM

Augusta 70.3

Hoping that someone can describe the bike course for Augusta 70.3.. Hills, rolling hills, flat? Any other info on weather, run etc is welcome.

• PlainsmanAU Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 3, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Dec 3, 2008 7:47 AM (in response to yuyopaez)
    Re: Augusta 70.3

I had to work in Augusta a couple of weeks ago and drove the bike loop.  When leaving transition there is a long stretch of slight upgrade for a couple of miles until crossing the river.  There are several climbs and rollers on the out part of the loop.  The back part seemed a little friendlier with the exception of the little detour (cant think of the road name off the top of my head).  This detour is a 1 mile pretty steep climb, then hangs a left and goes downhill to connect back with the main road.  The remainder of the loop is flat to down hill to connect back up with the loop for the second lap.   The good news is...after the second lap, there is a 5 mile ride back to the stables that should be really fast. 

Hope this helps.  I think the bike will be the only real challenge of the course, in that the swim is DOWN river and the run is extremely flat.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points