Skip navigation

3158 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2008 7:34 AM by dutch omi
Irish Runner77 Legend 780 posts since
Nov 1, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 27, 2008 9:49 AM

Giving Thanks

In the spirit of the holiday.

I am thankful for my family and friends, and the people who have made a difference in my life.

I am thankful for the men and women who put themselves in harms way to protect our great nation.

I am thankful that I wasn't killed a year ago. As much as I have joked about the accident and my bloody sock, it could have been a lot worse. Tomorrow will be one year to the day.

I am thankful for whatever bug hit me three years ago, when I abandoned my sedentary lifestyle and decided I wanted out of my 300 lbs frame, and began a quest to become healthy and happier.

I am thankful for beer.

I am thankful that I am now a homeowner, and that closing went so smoothly considering stories I've heard.

There are many more things I could list, but I figured I would try to keep it somewhat simple. Please, feel free to share your thoughts as well.

Also, please keep my coworker Tori in your thoughts today. She is being induced into labor today because of pregnancy complications due to preeclampsia. Her family's turkey dinner may have been postponed, but soon they will have a new son to be thankful for

MCM Finisher 2007, 2008, 2009
CMM Finisher 2008
Goofy Challenge Finisher 2009, 2010
Pittsburgh Marathon Finisher 2009
RnR Seattle Finisher 2009

Richmond Finisher 2009

RnR Las Vegas Finisher 2009

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    1. Nov 27, 2008 10:09 AM (in response to Irish Runner77)
    Re: Giving Thanks

There are so many things to be thankful for.  My family's health, a roof over our head, a table laden with too much food, our safe country thanks to the men and women that protect it, dear friends, and I could go on. 

And I'll keep Tori in my thoughts today, hopefully it'll be a quick delivery (that sure would be something to be thankful for.)

• FLKaren Legend 1,195 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    2. Nov 27, 2008 2:10 PM (in response to dutch omi)

I'll add Tori to my prayer thoughts. A very nice thread, Chris. I'm glad you've had such a great year! MIne has been pretty good too.

Dig deep, people, you can do it!
  • dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    4. Nov 29, 2008 7:34 AM (in response to Irish Runner77)

Happy to hear that the delivery was quick.  Sure as heck something to be thankful for.  Congratulations to Tori, her hubby and Logan.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...