Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1116 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 16, 2008 9:54 AM by fitmom-5 RSS
Kiki27 Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 21, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 15, 2008 10:17 AM

Run for Endometriosis

Hey Everyone!

I have been stricken down with the chronic and painful disease of Endometriosis and Interstitial Cystitis. My doctor told me I would be in pain much of my life. I have been on so many differant pain killers, treatments and "medicines" that they have tried on me to experiment. Nothing is working!!

But instead of sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself, I have started to run to help motivate other Endo sisters that Endo should not bring you down. You can still live a normal life and be active. Last May, I competed in a biathlon at Tempe Town lake. I swam a 1000 meter swim and ran a 3k. I finished pretty much last but knowing that I ran for myself, knowing that I have this diseas and mentally for that hour I spent racing, I beat my own disease. It felt sooo wonderful to overcome it. This Saturday, I will compete in another 5k. Now, its not as big as the first one but im doing this in support of all the women out there who suffer from endometriosis. I want to spread the word about it. I want to have everyone realized the endo doesnt have to control you. You have control of "it".

Now I know there re some females out there who are going through the same thing I am or some females are sitting here reading this and have no idea what Endometriosis is! Well a brief summary of what Endometriosis is: a growth of endometrial cells forming outside of the uterus.  Its very painful, effects more women then you know of all ages and races, the cause it unknown, there is no cure and worse of all, it causes infertility.

I am trying to spread awarness to those of you who dont know what this disease is. It effects SO many women and they dont even know it!! Painful periods? Pelvic pain? You just may have it!

So please, for all female, lets spread the awarness of Endometriosis. Too many women are suffering alone and I want everyone to know that there are other women just like you looking for the same support you are looking for. So weather  you have endo, know someone who does and just learned about it, Lets spread the word of Endo. Together we can help women all over the world! Lets run for Endo!!!!!

• fitmom-5 Amateur 26 posts since
    Sep 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 16, 2008 9:54 AM (in response to Kiki27)
    Re: Run for Endometriosis

Thank you for speaking out about endometriosis,

My daughter was diagnosed with endometriosis at the age 14. She was in so much pain at a

such a young age, we didn't know what was wrong with her. Finally, after several trips to the E.R. and a trip to the children's

hospital we figured out what was going on, endometriosis. My daughter is very active but does have some pain here and there now. I

know staying active is a must. We are also controlling the pain with hormones. Thanks for spreading the word and I admire your accomplishments, I will pass this on

to my daughter.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...