AP Top 25
1. Connecticut (45) 7-0 1125
2. North Carolina 10-0 1076
3. Stanford 7-1 1016
4. Texas A&M 9-0 963
5. Texas 9-0 928
6. Oklahoma 8-2 918
7. Baylor 9-1 797
8. Duke 6-1 732
9. Louisville 9-1 724
10. Auburn 10-0 701
11. Tennessee 7-2 687
12. California 8-2 621
13. Notre Dame 8-1 598
14. Rutgers 6-2 559
15. Maryland 8-2 537
16. Pittsburgh 7-1 479
17. Virginia 7-2 401
18. Ohio State 7-2 370
19. Vanderbilt 8-2 211
20. Florida 10-1 194
21. Arizona State 7-2 182
22. Oklahoma State 4-2 164
23. Kansas State 9-0 154
24. TCU 8-3 120
25. Georgia Tech 8-2 110
1. Connecticut at No. 1 for the third straight week and I dont see that changing anytime soon.
2. North Carolina now has the longest active streak in the Top 10 with 70 consecutive weeks. Theyll need another eight years to catch up to the Lady Vols though.
3. Stanford faces Duke tomorrow night which should be interesting. We will see if they remain at the No. 3 spot.
4. Texas A&M holds on to the No. 4 spot
5. Texas moved up because they beat Tennessee but in all honesty I dont know how great the Lady Vols are this year. The Longhorns are 9-0 though, so far so good. They havent been that high since 2004. They face Arizona State on Thursday who they should get past.
6. Oklahoma got bumped because of Texas beating Tennessee but I dont think they deserve it. They are tough. No quitters on that unit which can be seen in their win against California.
7. Baylor has been playing well. Im excited about this team this year.
8. Duke faces a tough Stanford team next which I dont think they will get past easily if at all.
9. Louisville has been solid. Not much to say there.
10. Auburn has impressed me but Im curious to see how they do in the next couple weeks.
11. Tennessee cant believe they are ranked this low and either can the fans. I dont know whats wrong with this team, but I think theyll turn it around. Pat Summitt is too good a coach for them to be this low.
12. California had a big fall this week, three spots, after blowing a 26-point halftime lead to Oklahoma on Saturday. Not sure what is going on there or how they let that happen.
13. Notre Dame had a tough loss to Michigan in overtime last week which dropped them five spots unfortunately. I dont see them moving up in the ranks at all this season.
14. Rutgers cleaned up their turnovers and beat Army. If they keep it cleaned up they shouldnt struggle much like they did in their previous games.
15. Maryland is better than this ranking they just need to get it together. The loss against Pittsburgh has hurt them but theyll be back.
16. Pittsburgh is surprising some people this year. They beat Maryland and easily punished W. Virginia. Time will tell.
17. Virginia has Monica Wright and if she is on, they are on.
18. Ohio State is looking good. Nice win against Nebraska.
19. Vanderbilt moved up one spot this week. I see them hanging out in this area of the rankings for the majority of the season.
20. Florida is a fun team to follow this season. I cant say Im not cheering for them. They climbed three spots this week.
21. Arizona State is good not great.
22. Oklahoma State had a nice win against TCU last week.
23. Kansas State could go either way this season. Im not sure what to expect from them yet.
24. TCU fell hard this week. They dropped five spots, but still remain in the top 25 at least. The loss to Oklahoma State on Sunday didnt help.
25. Georgia Tech is welcomed to the poll this week for the first time this season.