Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3509 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2009 1:32 PM by MeganRoot
FitMom Amateur 17 posts since
Jul 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 3, 2009 12:52 PM

Adidas Running Shoes - Do They Run Big?

I just purchased the Adidas Super Nova running shoe.  Do these shoes typically run true to size, or a bit big?  I ususally take a size 7 in running shoes (typically a 6 in 'normal' shoes), but these seem to be too big.  Has anyone tried these shoes?  If so, what has been your experience with sizing?

• mtreed Expert 43 posts since
    Sep 28, 2007
    1. Jan 3, 2009 1:13 PM (in response to FitMom)
    Re: Adidas Running Shoes - Do They Run Big?

I have had a few pair of Addidas trail shoes.  It does seem to me that both Addidas and NB shoes have a larger toe bax than Nike/Asics, and other popular brands.  I have not had a pari of road shoes in Addidas.  I do prefer a larger toe box for trail running shoes especially for longer distances.   As  far a the shoe being over all larger I cant say for sure but thats how they feel to me.

• dfitz* Legend 612 posts since
    Aug 20, 2008
    2. Jan 3, 2009 1:23 PM (in response to FitMom)

I use the Road Runner Sports website as a quick reference on shoe sizing. I just did a quick check there on the women's Adidas Supernova Cushion 7 (which may or may not be the exact model you have) and it says to buy this shoe 1/2 size up, meaning up from your street shoe size. So if you bought a full size bigger, it might be too big. I have had good luck with Reebok and Adidas women's-specific shoes wearing an 8 1/2, and in street shoes I wear either an 8 or an 8 1/2 depending on the shoe, so I don't find that I have to size up that much. In New Balance, I do.

• MeganRoot Pro 75 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Jan 3, 2009 1:32 PM (in response to dfitz*)

My last pair were Adidas and they did run big on me.  I have a wide forefoot, and even so, I could have gone a 1/2 size down!

"If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, keep moving." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...