The position of Run Coach is a contracted position that provides coaching services to participants for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America Team Challenge Endurance Training Program. The training season will begin in late February 2009 and conclude after the Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon which is taking place on July 19, 2009.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
1. Develop weekly training scheduled for participants to run or walk a half marathon at beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
2. Attend 5 Informational Meetings (to be scheduled in early February 2009) to review and discuss the training program with potential participants.
3. Assist with recruitment through contacts within the fitness market.
4. Develop training courses and secure park permits, if necessary, with the help of staff from CCFA.
5. Establish water stops at appropriate mile markers along route for group training sessions. Establish necessary bathroom stops on route to accommodate our patients who are training. It is recommended every 2 miles for water/bathroom stops.
6. Each group training session is started with stretches and last minute information for a successful run/walk training session.
7. Ensure that all participants are supported throughout group training session. Coach is to stay until every person finishes safely.
8. Organize clinics throughout the season to teach participants on correct clothing, shoes, hydration, stretching, sports psychology, etc. Guest speakers are highly encouraged.
9. Be available for staff and participants weekly via email, phone, and in person for any questions relating to training for a half marathon.
10. If applicable, assist staff and participants as necessary during event weekend and ensure that all participants finish their race safely. All coaches on site event weekend support all Team Challenge Participants for CCFA.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to:
Team Challenge Endurance Manager
email@example.com; (954) 297-1446