Skip navigation

1770 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2009 9:06 AM by JLC522 RSS
Garret Fitzgerald Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 21, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 29, 2009 4:26 PM

Under 30 Tri Athletes in Milwaukee Area

Nothing against anyone 30+ but Im looking for a group or person to ride with that isn't 40...  I am 22 and just moved to the area about 7 months ago.  Ive been riding with various groups but am well below their average age and am looking for a group/team/person to at least cycle with.

Let me know if you are out there

http://journeyto1406.blogspot.com/

• Joe_h1 Community Moderator 1,833 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Feb 20, 2009 9:06 AM (in response to Garret Fitzgerald)
    Re: Under 30 Tri Athletes in Milwaukee Area

sorry I'm on the east coast but any of these guys in your neighborhood:

http://www.trinewbies.com/phorum2/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=61822&mid=619381#M619381

or check athletefocus.com or exercisefriends.com as well you may get lucky

goals for 2011:

break 19minutes for 5k

break 2:42 for olympic triathlon probably Anthracite olympic

break 3:16 for marathon ( a long shot but it's fun putting yourself out there)

• RunJBike Amateur 11 posts since
    Sep 5, 2008
    2. Mar 2, 2009 4:27 PM (in response to Garret Fitzgerald)

What/where do you typically ride during the "outdoor" months? I'm located in the Greendale area and looking to get into Tris also.

I'm coming from the running since middle school competitively end of things. Terrible at swimming, but love the run & bike. I'm doing a couple local sprint Tris to get my feet wet, maybe next year (swimming dependent) I'll look at some longer ones.

I'm 24, so I'm not too much of an old **** yet

Just joking guys, I know I'll get to 30 some day too.

Also, as a good resource there's Emery's Bike shop (Milwaukee location) that does a bunch of indoor stuff, then outdoor when the weather gets nice.  Emerys  They got all kinds of gear too, very knowledgable.

• JLC522 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    3. Jul 14, 2009 9:06 AM (in response to RunJBike)

I'm 31 and in Waukesha. I started my training at the WAC in Waukesha. They actually offer a class called Trifit. I believe all sessions are closed for this season. They usually run Jan - June. I would call a local athletic club and see if they have any tri clubs. Good luck.

Side note: For the person that said that they were terrible with the swim. I worked with Jessica at the Waukesha branch of the WAC. She runs the trifit class. She has completed tris and is training for an Iron man. She also was a competitive swimmer in college. She was an awesome coach.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...