Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

936 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2009 9:50 PM by Cody Westheimer
Cody Westheimer Rookie 1 posts since
Sep 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 12, 2009 9:50 PM

Running for my Father - Inspirational Film on DVD

Hey all -

Cody Westheimer here.  I wrote the music for the film ULTRAMARATHON MAN - the Dean Karnazes film.  While working on the project I got inspired to train for my first marathon - which I planned to run in memory of my father, who died at 56 from a brain tumor.  JB, the director of ULTRAMARATHON MAN encouraged me to document my journey through training and grief on film.  So a new film was born. 

"Running for my Father" is not the story of an elite athlete.  It's my story of perseverance, pain and ultimate triumph as I prepare for my first 26.2 - my dad on my shoulder all the way.  I can promise you'll find the film inspiring and heart warming.  Here's what the critics are saying:

“Tragedy turned triumph!  A father’s love, a son’s calling, one race.”  - Josh Cox, elite marathoner

“...whether you’re a seasoned runner or have never laced-up a pair of running shoes, this film will make you want to get out, get moving and celebrate life!” - Kevin Patrick, Endurance Planet Inc.

The DVD package is loaded with extras including deleted scenes, a soundtrack disc and interviews with famed runners Hal Higdon, David Horton and Ray Zahab.

You can purchase the film for just $12.99 at http://www.runningformyfather.com/Running_for_my_Father/Buy.html

Profits to benefit the National Brain Tumor Society.

Thanks for your support and please help spread the word! 

Best regards,

Cody

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...