Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

19366 Views 200 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2009 3:21 PM by Imgellin RSS Go to original post 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next
  • SierraLauren Pro 148 posts since
    Dec 31, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    195. Mar 31, 2009 8:15 PM (in response to SierraLauren)
    Re: 50 Plus Training and Racing-March 09

Also, to add: I agree with Fred's comment. I don't think it's good to give the same workout to all runners. It's not a one size fits all. That's why I don't like to see the coaches on the track telling young runners to meet a specific time goal. The ones that have slow twitch fibers aren't going to be able to meet that goal, or will strain to do it, perhaps inviting injury.

• euphoric Legend 940 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    196. Apr 1, 2009 6:56 AM (in response to Spareribs823)

I don't run anymore, I only ride my new bike.

PS  Check the date!

• ksrunr Legend 1,292 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    197. Apr 1, 2009 7:16 AM (in response to Spareribs823)

Euphie - we're waiting on Fred or Ribz to start a new thread and I'm sorry to hear you've gone completely over to the dark side. 

Sierra.  What you wrote is exactly what I believe.  I think too many coaches now days are getting the blame for making their kids all run the same workouts.   I wanted to run the varsity workouts when I was younger and couldn't keep up.  It's how I knew what the good runners were doing.   Too I agree it depends on the athletes drive.

• euphoric Legend 940 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    198. Apr 1, 2009 7:34 AM (in response to ksrunr)

Gotcha!

• ksrunr Legend 1,292 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    199. Apr 1, 2009 8:11 AM (in response to Spareribs823)

I owe you one Euphie.   Did you buy a new bike?

• Imgellin Legend 498 posts since
    Jul 13, 2008
    200. Apr 1, 2009 3:21 PM (in response to Spareribs823)

I ran my 8.9 miles today, and came in at 1:24:52. I would have been a couple minutes faster had I not run into so much traffic (i usually run at noon, but today was at 3:00). Cars caused me to detour and double back twice. A train pulled in to the station in front of me and I said, "Oh no". Then, it pulled forward enough that the crossing gate area was clear! I said, "Oh yes!" I entered the crossing gate area and found that another train was pulling in from the other way!:0 *I said, "Good heavens. What next?!" I turned around and ran clear around the entire railroad station and back to where I came from. Well, like I always say.., "It'll take more than one train to stop me..."*B-)

The weather was a bit nicer today, I ran in base layer, shorts, Coolmax shorty cap and polar-fleece parka liner. Oh, and winter gloves. I don't have a light pair right now.

I need to move to a less-congested part of the country. I am going to make a committment to do that.

Paul

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...