Skip navigation

1233 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2009 3:00 PM by Active:Water RSS
Active:Water Amateur 3 posts since
Jan 14, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 5, 2009 3:00 PM

Join Active:Water's Cleveland Marathon Team

Hey everyone! My name is Amie and I am the Director of Development for Active:Water, a new non-profit organization that is responding to the International Water Crisis through both athletic pursuits and grassroots campaigns. I was hoping that some of you might be interested in joining our 2009 Cleveland Marathon Team for this year's Rite Aid Event. This is our first year, so you would be a true pioneer, but you wouldn't be alone. We've already assembled a small team of runners from all over the midwest!

What you would be committed to as a Team Active:Water runner is:

-Quickly registering for the Cleveland Marathon prior to registration closing.

-Faithfully training for 18 weeks so that you can give your best on race day.

-Courageously sharing the story of the 1.1 billion people on this earth who lack access to safe drinking water with your friends, family, and community.

-Actively fundraising on behalf of communities in Zambia, where we have partnered with Blood:Water Mission (http://www.bloodwatermission.com/) to bring fresh water wells, biosand filtration, sanitation projects, hygeine training, and medical assistance

What Active:Water would commit to you:

-A valued place within a team that is part of the solution to the greatest problem the world faces.

-Active.com training programs to get you to your personal best at this year's Cleveland Marathon.

-Your own personal fundraising page through Activegiving.com

-Brochures, e-cards, and other promotional materials to share the Water Crisis with your network of friends

-An official Active:Water jersey for race day (complimentary when you meet 75% of the fundraising goal, plus more raceday gear when you exceed your goal)

-Dinner after the race with the entire Active:Water team, staff, and volunteers.

-Personal stories and video footage from the community in Zambia that your sweat and tears transformed!

If you are interested in learning more about becoming a team member for the 2009 Cleveland marathon, or maybe for signing up for one of our other teams (Chicago Marathon, Grand Rapids Marathon, Route 66 Marathon, or Indianapolis Marathon),or even interested in representing Active:Water in a local event of your own choosing...then please contact me at amie@activewater.org or check out our active.com page, www.active.com/donate/activewatercleveland

I know we are a new organization, so I thought it might help you if I share the work we've been doing the last 18 months. Here is a promotional video to our first campaign that started it all...The Earth Expedition (http://www.theearthexpedition.com/) , an 18,000 mile walk-around-the-world for clean water! We've been featured in Men's Fitness, Vanity Fair, Relevant, and Wend Magazine as well as over 2 dozen newspapers across the USA.

Check it out! [http://www.sharethestory.org/LoveInMotion.html]

Thank you!

Amie

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...