Skip navigation

2694 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2009 8:41 AM by rockchalkgirl RSS
RyanActive Active.com Staff 87 posts since
Jun 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 17, 2009 9:27 AM

Who Are Your Final Four Picks?

I don't think we'll see four No. 1 seeds make the Final Four this year like we did last year, but I don't see any reason why the top teams won't make their presence felt in the first two weekends of the Big Dance. So I'm going with Duke, Oklahoma, Michigan State and Connecticut. Three No. 2's and a No. 1.

Who are your Final Four picks?

• mikeyactive Community Moderator 27 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    1. Mar 17, 2009 3:33 PM (in response to RyanActive)
    Re: Who Are Your Final Four Picks?

What??? no East Tennessee St.!!!!

these are my 4--

louisville

memphis

duke

syracuse

i've been really impressed with how battle-tested syracuse has been. and memphis, imho, is the most underrated team in the bracket.

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    2. Mar 18, 2009 11:21 AM (in response to mikeyactive)

Midwest - Louisville

Despite being in probably the most loaded region of them all I think Louisville goes on to the final four lead by Terrence Williams. It won’t be easy but they are my overall No. 1 team this year. I have them bringing home the national championship. Wake could give them some trouble as their guards can handle the pressure Louisville will bring but I think Wake is done despite having one of the most talented teams. They peaked to soon this year unfortunately and I’m not sure they’ll revive themselves in time to get past a tough Midwest region. Michigan State is another team to watch out for as Raymar Morgan gets better and better after his struggle with mono. They should get by Kansas but will need to really step it up to continue on.

West - Connecticut

I battled between Memphis and Connecticut on this one but decided Memphis is too vulnerable to make it to the final four. I think they’ll do well in the beginning since they are a good team with great defense, but what they lack is ball control. They have freshman, Tyreke Evans, controlling everything which is a lot of pressure for one person let alone a freshman. I have them getting by the first couple rounds but their guard depth is no match to Connecticut’s. Anything short of the final four will be a complete disappointment for the Huskies. They are a great team with the best shot-blocking and half-court defense around. They will need to start connecting on more three’s though. Another team to look out for is Purdue, who if healthy and hot on the outside, will surprise a lot of people.

East – Duke

The east came down to Duke, Villanova and Pittsburgh for me. Villanova has guards galore which makes a big difference come tournament time. I think Reynolds should lead them far and they seem to be peaking at the right time making them a very dangerous team. Pittsburgh should be rocking as long as Blair stays out of foul trouble. I decided on Duke advancing to the final four though. Gerald Henderson is on fire right now and they are playing good ball minus losing to BC which is a game I saw in person that they let get away from them. They are just such a good team I have a hard time not picturing them in the final four.

South – Syracuse

I can’t stand UNC so the thought of them advancing to the final four is not an option for me. Also, don’t see Ty Lawson being where UNC needs him if he does come back from jamming his big toe and without him they have to change their whole offense. Oklahoma is a team to seriously watch out for this year. Blake Griffin is the best player in college basketball right now and could easily find himself leading his team to not only the final four but a national championship. Oklahoma might get my vote with money on the line but I want Syracuse to win out the region. I’m loving them right now. Talk about a team with heart. Jonny Flynn, if he has his legs back, should continue to lead his team into the final four. They have the talent and will but I hope they have the stamina to endure more tough games along the way.

• ManintheArena Community Moderator 109 posts since
    Jul 3, 2007
    3. Mar 18, 2009 4:27 PM (in response to RyanActive)

You guys are nuts. I'm picking Stephen F. Austin to beat Syracuse in the first round. You heard it hear first.

My predictions: Louisville, Connecticut, UNC and...Villanova.

Pittsburgh doesn't have the Final Four mojo. It's going to be a Big East party in Detroit with UConn pulling off the shocker as Thabeet dominates Harangody to secure the national championships. 

• rockchalkgirl Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 19, 2009
    4. Mar 19, 2009 8:41 AM (in response to RyanActive)

Even though i'm a huge KU fan I do not  believe that KU will make it to the final four. But I do believe that Memphis, Louisville, Pittsburgh, and North Carolina will be in the Final Four this year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...