Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1705 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 15, 2009 5:52 PM by mouserunnerswife RSS
Mouserunner Expert 37 posts since
Mar 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 21, 2009 8:38 AM

Disney Marathon January 2010....anyone attending? My first Marathon!! ºoº

I am getting my running shoes back on after a year off the stompin' path. I have set a goal for myself to run the Disney Marathon on January 11th, 2010 as my very first Marathon. Currently I have started a training program and have a long way to go to accomplish my goal. I plan to also participate in some local events this Summer/Fall in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. I hope to run a 5k a 10k and maybe a half before taking on the marathon in January. Disney is very exciting for me and my family and I hope that they are all able to make it there with me. I have been out of work since July 2008 and have recently been motivated to start running again by two of my friends. One of which I actually got into running a couple years ago and he is doing great. The other is a cancer survivor that is running the Chicago marathon this year. I plan to run with Matt (the cancer survivor) on Monday since we are sort of at the same level in our training programs. Matt has really motivated me to overcome my obstacles and push on with a positive attitude. I think consistency will be the key along with a slowly progressing training program. Currently I am running 4 days a week in my training with my long run on Saturday (yes, today). Since I am just beginning, I would like to hear from any of you who are planning to attend the event or have attended the event. Your experience, advice and information would be greatly appreciated. Also for any first time marathon runners, please chime in and lets support each other along the way. I have attached my picture and would love to see pictures of previous Disney events or of local events in the Western Chicago suburbs. Thank you everyone in advance for your support. If you would like to donate to my family fund to support my efforts and help my family of 5 attend this event....you may make a paypal donation to fhzwart@gmail.com. Thank you everyone for your tremendous gratitude.

Attachments:

Frank Montgomery, IL *Fox Trot 5K, April 26th, 2009* *Rosary 5K, May 2009* *Disney Marathon, January 2010* Help support LIVESTRONG.ORG and my FIRST MARATHON. [Cure Cancer|http://www.active.com/donate/mouserunner] *Thank you for your support.*

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...