Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2035 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 15, 2009 3:42 PM by ultimatehlth
andrsonr Amateur 7 posts since
Feb 13, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 26, 2009 3:37 PM

Whey Protein

I've been running for years now but for the last couple years now I have slowed down a bit and just ran 3-5 miles three times a week. However, recently I decedied that it would be fun to start running in some of the local 5ks agian. When I started doing some of my harder workouts I got really sore and it just didn't seem like I recovered as fast as a used to. So, I started taking some whey protein by us-spot after my hard workouts and it has really helped me recover better. Now my kids don't get to laugh at me quite as much and ask me why I am walking so funny the day after a hard run.

• ultimatehlth Pro 118 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 15, 2009 3:42 PM (in response to andrsonr)
    Re: Whey Protein

One of the best post workout recovery drinks and used by strength and conditioning coaches in the NFL is low fat chocolate milk. Its higher in potassium and calcium than Gatorade, low in fat (fat slows recovery uptake) and has an ideal 3 or 4 to 1 carb to protein ratio. Even the type of protein is excellent casein and whey. As for the flavor, you can't beat it. Use 8 -16 oz post workout depending on intensity and duration.

Hollywood Personal Trainer

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...